Maxtor OneTouch Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cladeca, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cladeca

cladeca Registered Member

I use the 9.1 version of True Image Workstation (build 3534 ) on OS Windows XP Sp 2. I need make a backup on my Maxtor One Touch III Turbo external disk (1 Tb) connected by a firewall 1394b (800) interface.
    Starting the application while the external maxtor disk are on, True Image crash ( the same one with USB or Firewire connection, see image attached), instead when the maxtor disk is off all work fine.

http://213.203.138.3/clip.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you are using a hub to connect the Maxtor? If you are, remove the hub and connect direct to the computer.

3. cladeca

The maxtor external disk is connected directly to PC 1394b board.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cladeca,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please keep your Maxtor One Touch III Turbo external disk connected while creating Acronis Report and Windows System Information.

Could you please also do the following?

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. cladeca

I have already posted the informations to your technical support two days ago, I'm still waiting for the resolution.... however I think that this problem is in common with all users that try to use your product with a Maxtor external disk (series II or III, USB or Firewire 1394a/b), therefore is very useless to ask for system informations, is sufficient to connect a Maxtor disk with a Windows XP Pc and 'voilà' !
    Is't incredible that this behaviour hasn't been observed by your technicals...and more incredible that isn't still resolved.

6. Acronis Support

Hello cladeca,

Please be aware that this problem was already fixed and the appropriate update for Acronis Drivers will be released in the nearest future.
    We will certainly let you know when this update will become available for download.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. ChrisVE

ChrisVE Registered Member

Same for me, Maxtor One Touch 3 firewire, running on Windows 2000 workstation and Windows 2000 server, all SP and updates installed.
    Having lost more than 3 hours trying to install your product, I would find really usefull to get a list of known bugs on your site!
    This is the first time I'm using your products and I can't say I'm happy with it.
    Thanks for releasing a new driver asap.

8. hardorp

hardorp Registered Member

This thread was back in March. It is now January. Did Acronis ever make an update available? I have just discovered the same problem! Detlef Hardorp

9. Acronis Support

Hello hardorp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that this issue was fixed. Therefore, please make sure you use the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Also please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. snmavronis

snmavronis Registered Member

I'm using a Maxtor OneTouch III 300GB USB extrnal drive and it is working fine. I did not need the Maxtor CD software to use it. Windows detected it fine on both a Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP Professional workstation. I actually got a Maxtor DLL error on my Server so I uninstalled their software and didn't install it on the PC at all. Maybe Maxtor software or DLL's are conflicting with Acronis in your case. I also have the newest Acronis True Image 9.1 installed and I'm doing image backups to the Maxtor drives. Get the lastest Acronis updates and see if that does the trick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.