Maxthon Shell for IE v.1.1.067, dated 11.10.04

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Galcoolest, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Maxthon Shell for IE v.1.1.067---edited: Bagging it

I was hoping someone else around these pages may have tried the very new standard (not combo) configuration of Maxthon, (what used to be MYIE2) just released with supposed security enhancements.

Irregardless of that improvement, I haven't been on top of the changes to this browser shell for a while, and am finding it quite difficult to operate, unable to perform some tasks it advertises (like mouse gestures- which the old MYIE2 also had trouble with)- and that overall, it's just kind of sluggish....

I have used Firefox and Opera, too, and just couldn't get in the groove of either. Now Maxthon seems annoying, too. Any thoughts? Is there really enough of a security advantage with Mozilla these days to warrant dealing with its quirks rather than Maxthon's apparent oneso_O *puppy*

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Galcoolest

Give K-Meleon a try. A small learning curve but not major. It uses layers (tabs) and has many built in security settings. And it is faasst!

majorgeeks

3. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

Hey Ronjor-

Thanks for the suggestion, but I found your suggested browser, K-Meleon, to be way more in need of configuration than I'm willing to do just now- on ME, for this few days anyway.

And so I went to look at Mozilla's Firefox again, which I had last utilized in June. MY GOODNESS! What a change for the better overall! Especially in regards to its Java plug-in needs- now it's whiz, bam, boom to get that baby in place, whereas months ago one had to weed through pages of byzantine help files if the tiniest thing didn't take.

Further, the bookmarking stuff, browsing stuff, mouse gesturing stuff, extensions, downloads, plus much more has been fine tuned. It's a cake walk now to jump into Firefox, and just being there is a relief to start with- meaning OFF OF IE!!!!

I was very critical of it this summer in my "other " forum (lol, almost "former" forum sort of, long tale about loads of us defecting recently for specific cause)--- but I can say now that vast improvements have been made with Firefox, and I am delighted that the very irritations which bothered me have been ameliorated. Sold for now!

So nice to experience an upper in the midst of so much downerdom lately!

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Galcoolest

Firefox is my choice also. I do like this release of K-Meleon though. I used it way back when and it too has come a long way.

Good to see you found something you like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.