Maximum Protection Not Ensured-please help me!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lauraq8, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lauraq8

lauraq8 Registered Member

I am hoping someone can help with this. I have emailed ESET three times about the problem, and have only gotten a auto-email stating that someone will be getting back to me in 24 hours and I have not gotten one answer to date. I have been having this issue for over a week now. The ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.667.0 icon is RED, and it states:

"Maximum Protection is not Ensured"
    Access to files, email, and Internet is not secured.

Analysis of application protocols will not function
    An error occured while starting service. Analysis of application protocols (POP3, HTTP) will not function.

(check) Antivirus and antispyware.

Number of blocked attacks: 0
    Version of Virus signature database: 3894 (20090227)
    License Valid Until: 10/15/2009

I am running windows XP, and have never had a problem with NOD32. It tried restoring to an earlier date, did not work.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please contact customer care by emailing support[at]eset.com. They should provide you with a tool that creates a log with debug information.

3. lauraq8

I will try that, but I have emailed three times and still have not heard anything back from them at all?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you from the US?

5. lauraq8

Yes, I am why? And I still have not heard back from ESET yet regarding my issue.

6. lauraq8

I am so frustrated with ESET. I still have not received any feedback, answer, help, nothing at all from ESET, can someone please help me and tell me why they are not getting back to me and offering a solution to my problem? Please!

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Hello, I'm afraid ESET don't offer support at weekends, you would need to wait until monday.

8. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Sometimes weird problems like these can be fixed by a simple reinstall. Also, upgrading to the latest build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus could resolve the problem.

Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus:

1. Start>All Programs>ESET>ESET NOD32 Antivirus>Uninstall.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Navigate to C:\Program Files and delete the folder labeled "ESET".

Then, download and install the latest build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus (3.0.684.0).

I understand that upgrading to the latest build / reinstalling can be a pain, but it often will resolve the problem.

Regards,

Mark.

9. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello all,
    I encountered sometimes such a problem. I was not just behind may PC when this occured, but notified using the email notification features...

I noticed that could be solved by cleaning cache database (advanded menu, updates). My analysis is that sometimes, virus database updates causes the real time protection is not able to start after updating...
    That could explain the following message :
    It would be better to try to analyse the reason of this, instead of reinstallation advice. I thing that this behaviour (encountered using 3.0.684 in my case) is a real security hole...

Regards

10. Zuik

Zuik Registered Member

I have a similar problem. I was gone for a week and my computer was off during that time. Upon returning, I received a similar message: "Virus scanner initialization failed. Most of the ESET NOD32 antivirus modules will not function properly." The virus scanner updated properly the previous day, but now fails startup.

3/2/2009 7:16:40 AM Kernel Error initializing file submission system.
    3/2/2009 7:16:39 AM Kernel Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.
    3/2/2009 7:05:44 AM Kernel Error initializing file submission system.
    3/2/2009 7:05:44 AM Kernel Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.
    3/1/2009 7:03:31 PM Kernel Virus signature database successfully updated to version 3899 (20090301).2/22/2009 4:21:51 AM Kernel Statistical information was sent to ESET.
    2/22/2009 4:17:22 AM Kernel Virus signature database successfully updated to version 3877 (20090222).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.