Matt - How to Update - Archive's Comment ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Matt Spathes (or Paragon Community Users),

I created a couple of Archives with the wrong Comment description which I rely on to tell me what pc software updates I had performed that are reflected in the specific Backup Archive that I created. I don't want to create the backup again just to use a new comment escription and some Backup Archives are a few days old and I can recreate that backup to reflect the condition of what software was installed then.

... So, bottom line is that I just want an easy way to Update the Archive's Comment (Label= field) in the Paragon Archive Database.

... So, I was expecting to find an easy way to update the archive's comment in the GUI - Archive Tab Screen, bit its just *not* there.
    1. You right click an Archive, but there is no option listed to update/rename the "Comment". *** This is a basic feature that should be there, but is *not* !!! (BTW, Please add a request to the Support Team to add this feature in the next update of B&R Home.

2. I am really hoping that must be same way to Update an Archive's - Comment (Label=) Field from within a Paragon PSL Script that I could just create and run to Update an Archive's - Comment (Label=) Field of an "Existing Archive". But, the Paragon PSL - Script User's Guide is *Not* too clear on the commands and scripting language. Ido *not* want to experiment and take the chance of corrupting my "Existing Archives".

...Therefore, can you create me a Paragon - PSL Script Example that will "Rename/Update" an Existing Archive's "Comment" Field ??
    ... P.S. Also, Please Request that the Developers add this "Basic", but yet essential feature/command to both:

the "Right Click an Archive" option of the Archive Tab - GUI.
    2. As well as adding a Comment Field to the GUI Popup Dialog Window - for Add an Archive to the Database" function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.