Mask Surf Pro

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by renegade08, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Mask Surf Pro

http://www.thanksoft.com/

http://www.thanksoft.com/products/mask-surf-pro/

Attached Files:

2. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

Spam? Trolling? want a review of the software?, just because it says it uses the TOR network is like saying 'oh, its painted red, therefore it must go fast'. i couldn't find a review and i'm not forking out 50 dollars just for the thrill of it. And for that fact it can't be that good if there isn't even a forum comment little known a review about it.

3. renegade08

Hi fuzzylogic

It's not spam not Trolling (Whatever you was thinking with that (Trolling)o_O ).

You don't have to be that impolite, rude and offensive. :thumbd:

I don't see any reason for that. If you have personal problems, well that's another thing.

Back to the topic.

I was wondering for some time whether i would write for this or not.

Why? Because of comments like yours.

I'm not using very often this kind of things (anonymizers) and i don't track this types of software usually. Actually i don't see a reason for using such things at least for me.

I see that people constantly on this sub-forum are looking for alternatives and i just wanted to drop a line.

As can be seen for other products: firewalls, antiviruses, etc.

People like to see all the possibilities and choose the best for them.

Obviously as you have said this piece is not very known, which by itself doesn't mean anything, whether is good or bad.

There are three version of Mask Surf with different prices.

The Pro version is most expensive and with all the features.
    The prices starts from 25$ for the lite version and up.

http://www.thanksoft.com/products/comparison-table/

I just wanted to know if someone has used this software, is it good or bad and any other comments.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Renegade,

I think that fuzzylogic saw it as spam because there were no comments/questions attached to it. You merely copied and pasted from the website and included links to the product. That makes it look like it's your software and you're trying to sell it at Wilders. However, I looked at your post history and that doesn't seem to be the case, you've posted other products as well. If you had included thoughts, comments, questions, with the first post fuzzylogic would have not seen it for what it looks like at first glance.

6. fuzzylogic

foremost i apoligise if i sounded abit too harsh, it had all the hall marks of a spam advertisement. i merely point out next time to just add a link and the whole webpage, that whats links are for. I haven't got a clue about this product, it doesn't exactly scream 'professional', the site looks like its from the early 90's, and the main icon for the software looks like the AIM icon. I guess it could be a private TOR network but the price doesn't add up for the amount of ip's the screenshot shows. A private tor network would be quite expensive, even Ironkey's Tor network is only a under a 100 servers and a few countries. It just doesn't fit together, but then i don't choose a product unless i can find more information. For all intensive purposes then it could just be a program that uses the public TOR network. All the whois information shows is it registered to a single person and not even a company
    Registrant:
    Evgeniy Minakov
    Savkina str. 2/46
    Dnepropetrovsk, 49099
    UA

Registrar: NAMESDIRECT
    Domain Name: THANKSOFT.COM
    Created on: 20-JUL-04
    Expires on: 20-JUL-09
    Last Updated on: 05-JUL-08

Administrative, Technical Contact:
    Minakov, Evgeniy
    Savkina str. 2/46
    Dnepropetrovsk, 49099
    UA
    38(0562)352668

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS2.ELEVEN2.COM
    NS1.ELEVEN2.COM

Up to you, give it a shot if you like and give a review if its any good, other than that i can't give you too much more information.

BTW does anyone else know of any other private TOR networks?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  7. renegade08

Hi Carver,

Actually this is not my system. I will explain it latter to you.

There are many kinds of software that are on the net.
    We can't hear for all of them and we don't expect to see a review (especially @ PC mag. You should all probably know what i am talking about.

I have tried several anonimizers like from web pages like :

http://defilter.co.uk
    http://proxify.com/
    http://anonymouse.org/

Also i've installed tor Vidalia bundle, but for some reason it didn't worked on my system.

I've tried Jap with portable Firefox. Although the free version was something good, but it wasn't quite on the necessary level.

I can see about software like Xerobank and others, you should probably know more than me for this types, but to be honest i don't have time nor willingness to experiment at this moment.

@Gerard

Obviously you have understood me pretty well. You have done you homework .
    At someone post history people can learn a lot.

I know that fuzzylogic maybe interpret in such a way.

I know that this kind of posting is not quite appropriate and often can be confusing.

There were two possibilities of posting:

A: Ask a question : Hey, anyone heard for this software?

In addition for this may be added some personal opinion, experience or similar stuff.

B: My posting, which i don't want to use it, but i wanted to present some new product.

I'm not related to this company or this software in any way.
    I'm not Reseller or something similar. In fact i don't care pretty much if someone looks at the software at all, someone test it (has a trial of 15 days and share experience) or buy it.

I don't have anything from it.

I know that usually this kind of posting is from representatives of the company , but i thing that reacting from fuzzylogic was very unappropriate.

In fact there are moderators on the forum and they are approving new threads (especially on this sub-forum). As for him he can just send me p.m and told me he thinks personally.

My post was just for some information.
    And i wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this software or is willing to try it and tell us comparatives to other softwares of this kind of group.

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Have you ever tried e-Capsule? I have used the trial (a couple of times over the last year) and was fairly impressed with the speed. IIRC, I am pretty sure it's a private onion routing network.
    http://www.eisst.com/products/private_browser/

You mentioned Ironkey's network. Have you tried it? They control the entry and exit nodes and I have wondered about what kind of trust one can place in IronKey. Any thoughts?

9. fuzzylogic

love too if i had to time and money to buy one of the ironkey's themshelves. hopefully soon enough i'll get my hands on one and i'll let people know. Alot of discussion had been placed on thier forums regarding that issue, some saying the that public/unknown exit is more anonymous vs the know your nodes/no problem exit nodes, its all about what your looking at i guess, thats an arugement i'll leave to other people to decide on. Also wonder if that is a private network and the public one for the e-capsule it doesn't say anything about it but a look at the trial should reveal that.

remark: well by the tests shown on the net, the e-capsule uses nothing more than the public tor network, checked using http://torstatus.kgprog.com/ and http://check.torproject.org/ unless these test show nothing more than if a server is running TOR.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  10. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

in response, ironkey is a public tor network, and does not use any authentication. that means anyone can use their network without having to pay for it. it is a small network of 20 nodes, run out of a corporation in california run by the ex Visa Online ceo. Their product is a straight ripoff of early Torpark, but is running a rebranded vidalia (secret license paid to tor, or is not gpl compliant) and it has been internally discovered to have many flaws. I would stick to the real tor network, which is free, over ironkey.

11. fuzzylogic

could you show us how to join, seriously i'd love to jion just to experience the network and see how it all works (through i wouldn't believe a company would leave it wide open, specially since its one of its selling features but you never know), it would have to be just for the speed alone. Any reports on these flaws and just the usual the comes with TOR, btw wouldn't know of any other private TOR networks, for interest sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.