"Mark for Deletion" not working?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by brentalan, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentalan

brentalan Registered Member

Hello,

I'm using the ESET RAC to update some scheduled tasks for my clients. I downloaded a client config, created the new scheduled tasks and pressed "mark for deletion" on the old tasks I wanted to remove. Once the client receives the new configuration, the new tasks are added but the old tasks remain. What's going wrong here? Thanks in advance!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you make changes to the configuration previously downloaded from a client and push it back, remember that the changes will take effect only on the client from which you downloaded the configuration. This does not apply for default tasks, however. If you want to edit or remove custom (non-default) tasks, you'll need to push a special configuration first that will revert all tasks to defaults.

3. brentalan

Thank you, I will try it!

4. brentalan

Ok, I just tried. I checked the box "revert to default scheduled tasks". It still doesn't remove them :(

Any other thoughts?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have one of the latest v. 4.2 installed on the clients?

6. brentalan

Yes, I have 4.2.71 on one client for testing. Most of my clients are on 4.2.40.

I tried making a custom config task to revert to defaults on this one 4.2.71 client.

This method was successful.

I then went to push a second config to remove a default task as a test. This did not work correctly.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much for your help!

7. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I reported a bug in the RAC a year or two ago where if you create a policy or task to delete a scheduled event, the client would not set the delete flag correctly in the xml file. I figured it out by poking around the cached policy files in %allusersprofile%\Application Data\Eset\Eset Remote Administrator\Server\cache\policy. Re-opening the policy would show the delete "D" flag not being set/saved, and what you are describing sounds similar. I'm not sure if that problem was ever properly resolved, but I got around it by manually editing the cached XML files.

8. brentalan

As near as I can tell, it seems to be working as far as flagging. It just doesn't seem to be obeying.

I looked for the D flag but all I see is this:

<NODE NAME="RegId" VALUE="5D6247CD" TYPE="DWORD" />
    <NODE NAME="DeleteThis" VALUE="1" TYPE="DWORD" />

If I change the value to 0, it seems to remove the delete flag, so it appears to be working?

9. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Yep, that's how it should be working. Glad that bug is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.