MAPI deletion problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bdebelius, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdebelius

bdebelius Registered Member

Hi,

I have just recently started using NOD32. I have a user that is receiving his mail through mapi. When he receives an email with a virus, he gets a prompt, chooses to delete or quarantine the file, the email is deleted, and then the email reappears again ad infinitum. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,
    brian

2. bdebelius

bdebelius Registered Member

I forgot to mention that the user is using Outlook to manage his mail.

:)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi bdebelius welcome to Wilders.

Could you please have your client run through THIS THREAD part of it has to do with configuring EMON in NOD32 which handles MS Outlook.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Could it be that the message is never getting deleted from the mail server?

For example, maybe Outlook is set to delete messages from the server when the messages have been removed from the "Deleted Items" folder. Since the message never actually gets there, Outlook never tells the server to delete the message, so the message gets downloaded over and over.

5. Mican

Mican Registered Member

I am having a similar problem with my IMAP email account. It only started happening after I upgraded from version 2.5 to 2.7, as best as I can recollect.

It is true that with the IMAP folders that messages marked for deletion sit on the server until "purged", a separate operation in Outlook. However, this never used to be a problem and in any case there is no option in Outlook to automatically purge the messages marked for deletion but for the option to do this automatically upon changing folders.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So you are actually talking about IMAP or MAPI? o_O If you actually mean IMAP, it can only be handled by EMON through MAPI when using MS Outlook as your mail client, otherwise IMAP is not checked at all.

7. Mican

Mican Registered Member

I have had IMAP email service for a number of years through IMAP Partners. I use Microsoft Outlook, presently Outlook 2007, as the email client and it works quite well with my IMAP folders. EMON in NOD32 has worked fine for me over this time up until recently wherein I have had the problem with a continuous loop of deletion prompts and deleted messages appearing in my IMAP inbox folder. The way EMON used to work was that I would get one deletion prompt and deleting the file would be the end of it. Now I have to terminate Outlook to get out of this continuous loop.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.