Many Unaware of Browser-Security Link

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Notok, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

2. One thing is true: Many computer users just don't know a single bit of knowledge about computer security, only a small minority know security well. I asked many people if they knew about computer security, and you know what's their first and fastest reply? Antivirus, it can protect your computer and keep it safe...

Antivirus is SO COMMON. These `typical' computer users only know this one thing: Antivirus, and your computer is safe already. Hell, I think a massive worldwide computer security education programme should be organised...

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You're probably right.. hm.. too bad Mr Rogers isn't with us anymore..

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

But it takes a lot of time and a lot of interests to know just a little...I get questions like "what's the best this, and what's the best that..." and I hate it cause it's like politics, everybody has his opinion while they certainly show they don't understand and just like SW said: thinking that having an av is enough...or they hate the popups of the firewall :D :D and then asking me what they should do...;)

I really give up sometimes...sad but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.