Many Trojans

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Iceman68, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceman68

Iceman68 Registered Member

I have to no avail tried to use every known trojan freeware. I have Nortons Internet Security w/Anti-Virus and a Linksys firewall router. Have used the latest version of spybot and I loaded TDS-3. They all stop halfway into a scan and reboot my computer. I did get a partial result from the TDS-3 before it shut down. C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\pintlcsa.dll is a trojan or virus. Nortons gave me a popup about this location during the TDS-3 scan but said it could not remove infected file. o_O

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Try scanning in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key before Windows starts loading) and see if the scans finish.

Nick

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Iceman, when using TDS scanning, close all other scanenrs and their resident protection to give TDS full access to every file.

Another reason for TDS to stop can be a corrupt archive, rar, or a rar version format it might not recognise.
    In the TDS scan control disable scanning in zip/rar archives and try again.
    Please let us know how it goes.

4. Iceman68

I did that and still shut me down.....

5. Iceman68

I have a issue that TDS and I have caused. It has corrupted my harddrive. It displayed the results of a scan and I tried to remove a trojan it listed and killed my HD. :'(

6. Iceman68

I finally did the downloads for TDS and did a complete scan. It brought a lot of trojans to my attention. Mostly in my startup exe. Upon removal it brought my system to a hault. I am unable to reformat my HD. I tried to FDISK but it says I have multiple OS's on my disk? I get past that issue sorta and try to reinstall windows XP pro. It won't take it. Even after I format the drive NTFS.
    Is Linux able to work with linksys firewall router. If it can I may switch away from micro-crud or aleast IE.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Just for your info:

there is a corrupt radius-file for TDS-3 on several of the TDS-update-servers.
    see the TDS forum
    get your copy from the Turvamies site
    check whether you have the right numbers
    corrupted radiusfile can give lots of false positives from TDS-3; do not delete those!!!

I haven't seen a reply from any of the DiamondCS guys on this issue.
    Problem started already last friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.