Many Problems with ATI 11 for new install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by peterdrowan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterdrowan

peterdrowan Registered Member

So far a very mixed experience - This is the most current release 8053 under 32 bit Vista Home Professional.
    Creating A Backup Location hangs the application after a directory location is selected, Try and Decide gives a device driver error and System Backup hangs at 47%. I have reinstalled twice now.

However a My computer backup and restore works fine both to file location and secure zome but despite having succeeded I still get the warning "No backups have been created yet". Is this just my bad luck or does only about 20% of the program work (admittedly the function that does work is the most important).
    Not being able to talk to support (without paying for it) does not help and is really not acceptable for initial installation issues. There is no error code with the hang on Creating a Backup Location. I have downloaded SnapAPI.337_s_e.msi and installed it but still no joy. Can anyone advise

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Having no experience with Vista I perhaps should not comment. However, running WinXP, SP2, I see the same “No backups have been created yet” warning and the colored bar is yellow. I suspect that you are running the full backup task manually. If that is true try scheduling a task to run automatically at a specific time. For me when doing this the task reported that it was successful and the silly bar turned green. Acronis has a bit of work to do with version 11.
    Edit:
    Myself and others in this forum have found that scheduling tasks to run automatically they may run or they may not. Sometimes they may only run once.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello peterdrowan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate problems thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please do the following:
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - Run the application from "i386" folder;
    - Completely unfold (click on all plus signs) the \Driver\partmgr and \Driver\volmgr branches;
    - Move the margin to the right in order to see all the items;
    - Create a screenshot.

Please also create a screenshot of the error when trying to use Try&Decide.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please notice that you can find detailed information about Traffic Light behavior in chapter 4.1 "Program workspace" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.