Manually Deleting Images from Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Peter McCall, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter McCall

Peter McCall Registered Member

I have a 30GB secure zone, which is used for backups and 'Try&Decide'.
    As the number of images accumulates the space available to Try&Decide diminishes and its effective time scale with it.
    What I want to do is manually delete some of the older images from the secure zone, leaving the more recent ones untouched.
    There seems to be no provision for doing this (that I can see, anyway).

Any ideas?

-P

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Not an option with the SZ. ATI deletes backups in the SZ as necessary, last in, first out.

3. Peter McCall

Peter McCall Registered Member

Hmmm...as I suspected.

In that case the omission is something that Acronis should address. Otherwise, where images and Try&Decide both reside in the same secure zone there will always come a time when Try&Decide will run out of space! (I think I'm right in inferring that Try&Decide itself does not remove old images to get more elbow-room?)

-P

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

BINGO! You just drive the nail right through the board. It's one of two crucial (Eddie-are-you-kidding-me) weaknesses in the Try and decide. The other is that if the program you are trying requires a reboot as part of it's install, then you can't use T&D because T&D reverts on reboot.

It's like, it won't work on most programs because it can't handle reboots but that's okay since there isn't enough room to us the feature anyway ;-) A twist on the old joke, the food here is very bad -- yes, and the portions are so small.

It can have it's uses, but you didn't read any of the limitations in the product lit did you? Maybe they should rename the freature, Why Try to Decide.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

My failsafe answer to the try and decide conundrum is to first make a full image of my main drive. I then install whatever, for example Version 11, I tried it and did not like it. The next step was a full disk recovery using a version 10 CD and the status quo was restored. No blood on the carpet at all.

Xpilot

6. Wabos

Wabos Registered Member

Newbie here. Not to hijack a thread, but, how does one do this? In Manage SZ, I only see options to Increase size, Decrease size and Change Password. I have ATI Home 11 build 8053.

Thanks

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Wabos,
    In normal use (not Try & Decide), many of us simply create a backup and store the backup sets (archives) in their own separate folders.Picture of my backup folders as pictured iin this link.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=193151&stc=1&d=1188786467

You can also use the "Backup Locations" feature. This is discussed in the "Useful Forum Threads" link below.
    Also suggest you read about "The Secure Zone & Startup Recovery Manager" also included in the same listing of useful threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.