Manual Exclusion

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by src2206, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. src2206

src2206 Registered Member

Hello

Is it possible to exclude a certain file to be scanned manually? This is a bat file created in the %Local~%temp folder by a parent program which I am testing. now the trouble id\s this file is picked up by NOD 32 ver 3 and quarantined as winhack. This is a legitimate program. So I would like to exclude thebatch file to be quarantined in future automatically.

Please help :(

Thank you.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi src2206,

You can either exclude all .bat files from being scanned, or enter the complete path to the individual file into the list of the On-demand scanner's exclusions.

Is it always in that temp folder or is it being created each time the program runs?

If it keeps being created you might have to exclude that temp folder. Those directories can be dangerous places though.

BFG

3. src2206

Thanks BFG for your reply...

Well I can't even think of excluding the whole temp folder, but as the bat file created are always in the same name, so I think I can exclue the file itself.

Though there is one doubt, the file is picked up automatically, not by the On Demand scanner. So, will including the path in the On Demand scanner's exclusion list serve the purpose?

4. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi src2206,

I think what you're looking for is a way to exclude that file from the real-time scanner. To do that,

1. Press F5 from the main program window.
    2. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' → 'Exclusions' and then click the 'Add' button.

For screenshots and additional info, check out the Knowledgebase article as well:

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=560

Hope that helps.

5. src2206

Thanks Eryan :)

I did that, lets see if it resolves the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.