Managment console always locks up.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AaronAnderson, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

Scenario:

I have install True Image Managment Console on SERVER

SERVER deploys True Image Agent to LAPTOP

LAPTOP reboots

I use SERVER to try and connect to LAPTOP with the "connect to remote computer" to make a backup of the system.

I put in the IP address of the client and press ok. then the console just sits there and locks up. I have tried this on several different servers and laptops to make sure it wasn't something wonky with the hardware.

anyone have a similar experience?

Version 9.1

2. AaronAnderson

bump... anyone?

3. cartler

cartler Registered Member

Yes have exactly the same problem. I screened my network traffic but nothing seems to arrive at the agent that I'm trying to connect? The install of the agent did work so I think it must be something in the Management Console.

Did not test with a clean install of windows on the agent yet.

Did you register an official support request yet?

Nobody seems to be reacting on this topic so maybe you did get some email support?

It would be nice if you could tell any progress you have on this matter in here.
    Also if you did not get any response what soever.

Because I will be making a support request if you did not get any response yet from Acronis.

4. AaronAnderson

I've not heard anything yet. Wednesday morning work bump. My testing is from ALL "clean installs" of Windows (XP to XP and SVR2003 to XP)

Any insight from Acronis about this would be nice. :ninja:

5. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

Do you have the windows firewall going, or any kind of firewall ?

Remote Management relies on ports 9876, 9877 I believe. I used to have no luck getting the remote management tool to properly work, however after addressing these ports all was well

6. AaronAnderson

No firewalls present. I'm working on a small seperated test network. No Firewalls, no A/V.

I'm about to test out the Trial version on some clean installs.

7. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

Also, did you check to make sure Simple File Sharing was disabled ?

Open up My Computer --> Tools --> Folder Options --> View Tab--> Very bottom option, make sure it is disabled

EDIT: This is on any target PC of course, that you are trying to remotely manage

8. AaronAnderson

Roger That. It's always off on my pc's :eek:

I'm a full time Network Admin for a handfull of companies (Totally independent contractor) I'm fairly familiar with how it's supposed to work :p

It looks like the trial version is working! Must just be the specific build that I have. Bummer.

9. cartler

I received the following answer to my support request. I did mention this thread in the support request that I've send to Acronis, but it seems however that acronis did not respond in here yet.

I didn't test this yet. But I thought I'd mention it anyway.

10. AaronAnderson

Are we supposed to remove that from the SERVER machine? or the machines that we're trying to connect to?

Maybe I can overwrite the file with the version that is in the trial. I'll let you know.

11. cartler

Euhm.... The quote from Acronis started with:
    So that should be very clear. ;) You have to remove C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\ag_fconnect.dll from the PC that you are trying to connect.
    It is btw not possible to remove the dll if the Acronis Agent service is still running. You first have to stop it before you will be able to remove it.

I have by now tested this and for me this was the solution. But it really is not a solution but rather (as Acronis mentioned in their reaction) a workaround. because this will break the correct workings of Backup Server and Group Server.

Hopefully Acronis will fix this problem very soon in a coming release. This is not something that will give a positive note to my investigation into the usefullness of ATI Enterprise Server.:doubt:

12. manu28

manu28 Registered Member

Greetings,

have exactly the same Problem. Workaround is working. However I want to make use of of Group and Backup Server.

Plz if anyone receives more information on this issue drop me a message.

thanks

manu

Edited: BTW I have this prob on nearly every Server (no diff if 2k,2k3,xp ...) in my network :(

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that, as it is indicated in the official support reply received by cartler, this issue is known and being investigated at the moment. The workaround is to delete ag_fconnect.dll file located in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent folder on the computer where Acronis Agent is installed. The only disadvantage of this workaround is that one will not be able to use Acronis Backup Server or\and Acronis Group Server after deleting the above mentioned file if these components and Acronis Agent having the issue are installed on the same computer. However, in most cases there is no point in installing Acronis Backup Server and Acronis Group Server on the machine that you want to backup as in case of the system crash every backup located in Acronis Backup Server folder will be lost as well as all predefined group tasks. We therefore recommend that you install these components to a separate computer for better safety of your backups and group tasks.

If you wish to install Acronis Backup Server or\and Acronis Group Server on one of the computers having Acronis Agent installed anyway then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information for both computer where Acronis Agent, Acronis Backup Server or\and Acronis Group Server are installed and computer where Acronis Management Console is running;

- Rename the files collected to report_agent.txt, sysinfo_agent.NFO and report_console.txt, sysinfo_console.NFO accordingly;

- Describe your network structure in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.