Managing attachments?....Admin?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by bigbuck, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

G'Day,
    I found out only last night that via our user cp we can actually manage our stored attachments....I've got about 85 @ 5Mb......What is Wilders policy on keeping these.........Do we have a limit?.........Should I start to clear a few of the older ones and does this 'mess up' those older threads?
    Thanks,
    Buck

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, I replied in that thread a little while ago:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=316417

But since that is a Test Forum thread which will go away eventually, I'll say the same thing here.

You do not need to worry about your uploaded attachments. We could put a limit on them if we wanted and we could also automate a cleanup of older or lesser used (downloaded/viewed) attachments, but we probably won't do either. There's plenty of capacity for these images so we'll probably just leave them all.

3. bigbuck

Thanks LWM, that will have cleared it up for quite a few of us.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey Buck
    I had already deleted 10 of mine,hope it dont mess up any threads,also glad to know the answer to the storage question

5. bigbuck

Cheers,
    I see you got your prob sorted out too!
    Brad.

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

thanks
    guess it was a problem with aol,but it'll probaly happen again since that was it :( at least I know the computer isnt messing up! :D

7. dog

dog Guest

Sorry Brad, Rita and Mike, ;)

I didn't mean to cause any confusion ... I was simply thinking of simple generic things that might affect one user, before moving into more specific ones. But I did say ...

Thanks Mike for explanation regarding attachments & Sorry for causing any trouble.

Steve

Ps. It was real early my time-zone ... and I had been up all night, as usual :ninja: :rolleyes: :ninja:

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Dog
    you didnt cause any trouble-your thinking was very logical,I figured the same thing myself and I want to thank you for doing your best to help me-I sure appreciated it

9. bigbuck

No worries at all mate.....glad you were on hand last night to lend a helping paw!.......Any assistance is always greatly appreciated......Just thought I'd follow up this morning.
    Cheers,
    Brad.

10. bigbuck

I was just thinking (no comments please Mrs Beetle! :D ) that now i understand why we can't upload a pic that we have previously already uploaded in another thread......because it's already there in storage....
    That was a brilliant bit of deductive thinking.........wasn't it??
    Buck.

11. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I think there's plenty of space available for a huge number of images on the servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.