Management console doesn't see network

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RogerA, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerA

RogerA Registered Member

We have just purchased your Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 product (in German). I have used the True Image Management Console (from an WinXP SP1 PC) to remotely install the services on two WinXP PC's (one with SP2 one with SP1). Both the Acronis Remote Agent and The Scheduler2 Service are installed. In both cases when I attempt to create a Disk Image of these clients hard disks and store them on a hard disk across the network, the Management console does not allow me to browse the network. I want to put the images of these clients on a file server.
    For the WinXP SP2 PC I turned off the firewall.

Can you help us?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RogerA,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Also please update your Acronis True Image Agent on remote PC's.

If the problem persists please send a letter with the description of your problem to support@acronis.com. We will help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. MiniMax

MiniMax Guest

Roger, if you go to those client PC's and logon with the account used for the Acronis software, are you then able to browse the network and see the share where you want to put the images?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question - I don't use the Enterprise version, so I may have totally misunderstood the problem).

4. RogerA

RogerA Registered Member

Hello Irina,

Thank-you for the quick reply. After looking through your forum I realized as well that you recommend I upgrade from Build 937 to 941. I did this and completely upgraded all the components. Build 941 is much better but does not work intuitively. I have to confirm the results of Alan Jones with Build 941 in the thread called 'Unable to create image on network drive'. When connected to a remote client you can browse the network but you do not see any the name of the shares until you do a network logon. This does not seem Windows conform, since the one network share that I tested it on is setup to allow "Everyone" full access. That means it shouldn't require any logon credentials at all. I hope the attached screenshots explain it better. After you "logon" it works, but it does not feel like a polished product yet.
    Roger

PS: To Minimax: Yes I could browse.

Attached Files:

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Roger, how much did you pay for the licenses. I have the following situation, I want to install enterprise server on the central windows server and I want to install only remote agents on the other servers (50 servers). I was told that I need to buy 50 ENTERPRISE SERVERS!!! o_O Was it the same offer in your case? I think this is total crap, because there are only remote agents on the other servers.

6. Alan Jones

Alan Jones Registered Member

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Aladdin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Enterprise Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIESWin/).

Could you please send a letter to support@acronis.com along with link to the thread and explain in details how many licenses you need and what organization you represent (I don't think you need all these licenses for home use). Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman and I will contact the responsible person concerning your case.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.