Manage Acronis agents behind a firewall

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dfilo, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfilo

dfilo Registered Member

I’m using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 build 1,213 in order to backup 2 machines connected to the internal interface of a firewall and both natted to only one external IP address (i.e., the external Firewall IP address).

I would like to manage the agents installed on those hosts with a True Image Management Console installed on an other machine connected to the external interface of the firewall.

MANAGEMENT ---> FIREWALL ---> AGENTS

Well the problem is that I can nat 2 hosts to two distinct ports but it seems that the management console doesn’t allow to specify which port to be used to connect to.

There is a manner to solve this problem?

There is a manner to specify what port to be used by the Management Console for the connection to the agents?

My second question concerns the password to be used for the image file.

Is this password used to encrypt the image file or only to protect it? If yes what is the encryption algorithm used?

Is the image content inaccessible without this password?

Tanks in advance.

2. dfilo

dfilo Registered Member

No one can help me?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dfilo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Acronis True Image Enterprise Server uses the following ports and IP addresses for remote operation:

• server (Acronis True Image Agent) UDP port: 9876
    • server (Acronis True Image Agent) TCP port: 9876, if busy chose randomly
    • client (Acronis True Image Management Console) UDP port: 9877, if busy chose randomly
    • IPv4 multicast address: 239.255.219.45
    • IPv6 multicast address: FF05::fAA5:741E.
    So, you might have to set the appropriate firewall access options.

An archive file with a partition/disk image can be protected with a password. This password only protects the image and it doesn't use the encryption algorithm. If you set up a password, you will not be able to restore or mount the image.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. chrisroman

chrisroman Registered Member

To enable multicast traffic on XP SP2 use this command.

c:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh firewall set multicastbroadcastresponse ENABLE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.