Man You guy's are incredible...

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by NetTraveler, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Man You guy's are incredible...
    This is about the biggest BS I ever encountered since I'm on internet... :'(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but that is how it is here.

We have legitimate concerns regarding our younger, 'under-aged' members. Online stalkers (and worse) are a real fact of life on the Internet, and many bad things have happened in the world that start with some simple personal information being exchanged online.

3. dog

dog Guest

Gee sorry you don't agree. :rolleyes: I for one; do.

Mike and Paul, run and provide an excellent forum ... They create and maintain the TOS. I don't see what you find so objectionable about this action.

Sometimes it's better to disagree in silence. ;) Your comment serves no purpose other than being arguementative. It's rather unproductative isn't it?

Steve

Edit: Sorry LWM, I didn't mean to step on your toes. ;) :)

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

It does worry me, from time to time, how much info I may have let slip here and there......
    LWM, now you've got me paranoid! :D
    I'll be taking 'antacid' all day! :D
    Cheers.

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Come now, we have a couple of friendly youngsters amongst us, surely protecting their interests is paramount, sometimes we have to protect people from themselves.

I hope you can accept such a safety position taken wisely by Wilders.

Happy 10 Forwarding to you NetTraveler

Cheers :D

6. NetTraveler

I got the feeling I'm not welcome on this forum.. If so, mod's/admins drop me a PM and I'll be gone forever. :cool: :D
    No Dog.. I'll never be silent about what I feel was right thing to do.. I'm also not somebody that kisses up.. Maybe that's the reason I don't really fit in here.. ;)

7. dog

dog Guest

Of Course your Welcome Here. That isn't the issue at all, and I think you fit in fine.

But I think the reasoning was sound and it was expressed well. To publicly decry an injustice isn't the right way to go about it. Unfortunate we have no right to question the will of those that operate this board. It's their decision period.

And ... If that's your opinion of me, so be it. It doesn't upset me. :)

Steve

Ps. I won't argue this point with you. I expressed my opinion, just as you expressed yours. ~The End~

8. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yes, I think LWM did the right thing by removing that thread.

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Paul and Mods run a very tight ship here -- they have too. Yes, they have a habit of nipping POTENTIAL problems off very early before they become problems --they have too. I’ve been to many forums and this place always appears to run the smoothest (Paul and Mods roll their eyes). The reason this place always appears so calm (Paul and Mods again roll their eyes) is because they error on the side of caution. When given a choice between offending one or two folks by deleting their post or picture, or offending lots of folks by keeping that post or picture in, they play it safe. Hey, this is a security forum after all, isn’t playing it safe what it’s all about. :D

Acadia

10. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi NetTraveller - I agree with LWM's actions & comments. There are many of us Wilders ladies here and we too have dropped a bit of personal info. here & there when we get carried away. Not a good idea but it happens inadvertently.

As for ur not being welcome that's not true - follow the guidelines as most of us do and u too will enjoy these forums as much as I and many others have. Smile and join in.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/4374/dogsled24iy.gifhttp://img72.exs.cx/img72/825/peachesname6wd.gif

11. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

It's thanks to the mods and admins here whose decisive and lightning-quick actions keep potential forum problems away. That's how wilders security forums is clean and excellent.

12. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've no concerns at all about my own personal security -- I used to be a federal law officer, what seems like centuries ago, and I still keep in close touch with the RCMP, primarily in regard to internet fraud matters.

But LWM's quite right, we have among us members who, because of young age or other reasons, are "ripe" targets and deserve our protection. And the mods can't very well delete individual postings based on who the poster is, as opposed to the poster's behavior or the nature of the posting. So quite rightly, the whole thread had to come out.

Best to all,
    Mike

13. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:cool: There are many different types of personalities who post here at Wilders, most are welcome. Those who are not, have always brought it upon themselves. I think we can all agree that some one needs to be in charge. We may not always agree with their decisions, but then again we don't have to, remember they are in charge, not us. Wilders allows allot on it's forum, but I think we can all see that some times a line must be drawn and not crossed. If you stick around long enough, and I hope you do, you will see that I am rather blunt in my posts, and some times very opinionated, I make no apologies for it. I have made some friends, pissed off a few, and have been told to cool it, and I still feel welcome here. So NetTraveler welcome.

Thanks
    wildman
    :eek: :p :cool:

14. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I woul like to add one quote from a famous actor--->
    "It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

15. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been on this forum for a while now and have helped a few people during that time. I like to enjoy my self and I do post in some of the fluff threads in ten forward. But whether I am assisting another member or a guest to find the solution to a problem or posting jokes in T-F there is one thing I always remember. When I became a member here at Wilders I agreed to follow the rules and regulations (The Tos) here It has never been a problem being that I do remember that I am permited to be a member here as long as I follow the TOS which is not a lot to ask to be allowed to participate in what in my opinion is the best security forum of the net. The administrators here are the best I have ever come across, They are very fair in their decisions. I have not seen one administrative decision made here that did not primarily benefit the members here. Sometimes at pretty good expense to the owners. I personally would not take it upon myself to question their actions here as I know they are for the benefit of the members and guest's.
    bigc

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  16. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

No..dont leave. :oops: .still lots of traveling to do for you here at Wilders..we all fit in...even if the mistletoe grows sometime where the sun never shines. :cool:

Attached Files:

17. Primrose

And I have some more things to say. :eek:

You started this thread..

General Security for Dummies..

Do you folx think making easy to understand tutorial for begginers would be something worth while?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=318331#post318331

And I was busy goofing off in other forums and did not get a chance to post there..but i will do it here..

YES YES YES I think an easy to understand tutorial that YOU would do.. certainly would be worthwhile.

I do not care how many are out there already or what other people say..You have defined the problem that you have seen. So you are in the best position to put it all into words..your words.. ;)

And if you do that I will also help you get it posted where it will help others.

Just because it has been done before..does not mean you could not do it all better.

Go for it ;)

Attached Files:

18. NetTraveler

First.. Changing name of my topic from "Jesus" to "Man You guy's are incredible..." WHY?? Is he considered "security" hole as well?? :eek:
    Blackspear... Think.... If they are so concerned about security and wellbeing of youngsters (which is the noble cause) why do they allow pictures of them to be posted on forum??
    Further, and for me this is a key matter... If you really want to help youngsters, encourage them than to stick with their school instead hanging around at Wilders all day.. So LWM's and others agument kinda defeets the "morality" purpouse.

I posted how old are you, and pissed lot of people off.. I honestly don't know why.. I didn't say they MUST post their answers.. And very important, I wanted to know how old are people I hang out with.. Respect to youngsters, but I prefer company of adults.. My kindergarden time passed long time ago..
    Thank you Primrose... :) Only shame is that that thread didn't enwoke half as much reactions as this one... Don't you think it's strange for respectable security forum?
    I started that thread for obvious reason and hoped that WE ALL would work on it making Internet fine/safe place to be and above all, clear lot of missunderstanding and sence of false security great majority of people have..
    No Dog.. Members make board what it is not admin's and mod's.. Yes you can question board owners/mod's if they put restrictions on freedom of speach.. Of course as long as people don't insult/hurt eachother and what you post is within the reason..
    What opinion?? I said I don't kissup and never will but let's face it... Lot of members on this board do.. ;)
    My point is.. You can stay polite and say things on less "kissy" way..
    Sorry bigc.. I didn't brake any rules (yet) :)
    Yes... But if you follow this post, maybe you'll understand my dissapointment..

Just to back up my earlier answer to you.. YOU DON'T HAVE TO REGISTER IN THIS FORUM IN ORDER TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE.. ANY GUEST CAN SEE IT AND REACT IF HE/SHE WISHES IN ANY OF FORUMS... :D So if you bring an argument about security, than consider protecting your members from data collecting "stalkers" and make forum visible only to members.... ;)
    But I'm sure you know of more effective means to collect data any hacker, government or police have this days..

19. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

NetTraveler,

I'm not going to argue on this issue. Plain and simple: we run this board the way we feel it does benefit our members, visitors and lurkers, and act accordingly whenever in our opinion there's the need to do so.

Your most welcome over here - but this is the way it is. In case you can live with it that's just fine. In case you can't: too bad. I'm convinced there are countless other boards around you can hang your hat.

regards.

paul

20. Primrose

Well when you get done rehasing the TOS..hope you find time to do that write up and enjoy the season. ;) Santa still has lots work to do, no matter what you run into as a Traveler.

Attached Files:

21. NetTraveler

Well Paul, I didn't say anything about running da crib.. But you guy's keep contradicting yourselves..

Umm... Geez.. I didn't know that.. Thanx.. :D

22. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Ok, I'm going to make it clear... again.

Reasons for not asking private questions on public forum

Reason 1 :Some people are likely to be offended by being asked personal questions about personal details.

Reason 2 : Anyone who uses forums could collect information on a single purpose for either an illegal or emoral purpose.

Also, when a decission has been made, it is usually best to accept it, especially when made by someone like Pault Wilders, a well respected man.

I personally agree that the thread should have been removed and I mentioned my concerns on the thread in question.

Jimbob

23. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

:doubt: I've just realise that this guy reminds me of myself when I started off in the forum world. Not because I asked loads of personal questiosn but from his reactions :doubt:

Jimbob

24. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O NetTraveler: A question. What is one of the tools a pedophile uses to gather information about his/her next victim? Yes pictures have been posted on Wilders, but if you notice they have been associated with an adult. I am also sure that if you or anyone else have/had any concerns in this area, and had brought them to the attention of a mod, they would/will be addressed A.S.A.P. I also find it interesting that you reply to others post, but you did not reply to mine, could it be that perhaps I make some very valid points? No one expects or requires you to be a kiss up, but a little common sense would be nice.

Thanks
    wildman
    :p :cool:

25. DoubtingThomass

DoubtingThomass Registered Member

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.....shhhhhhhhh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.