Mamutu on GoTD

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by n8chavez, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

For those that are interested Manutu is listed on GoTD. Remember that it needs to be downloaded and installed within 24 hours of the initial offering to function. See here for details.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up! It gives 1 year license and i *think* you can install it again even if you format your HD.

Running quite light here. More than TF. Also more false alerts, but that's OK.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Have a look at the configuration options. There's one called "intelligent alert reduction". There's also a paranoid option which you want to turn off to reduce alerts. I don't know how Mamutu compares with Threatfire in terms of real performance, but I do like Mamutu's highly informative GUI.

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

No, you can't. Every GoTD giveaway checks the date and time while it is being installed to see if it is a valid giveaway, which is why this (and every GoTD giveaway) needs to be installed 24 hours after offering.

5. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

6. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Sorry to interrupt, but that's only half the story. The coupon code to get the full version license works only today. But you can install and uninstall the software whenever you want. The license is stored on your user account at the Emsi Software servers.

You can convert the code today by creating an user account on www.mamutu.com and logging in at the customer center: http://cc.emsisoft.com

At the licenses menu you can find a link to the coupon conversion page.

The software can be installed later too. But the 1 year license period will expire 1 year after you converted the code.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks for nothing Emsisoft! :rolleyes: I still can´t test this version on my VM, because of the "online account system". Like I asked before, why not make a special trial version which doesn´t need an account? And have you already tested the file infectors? ;)

8. ipje

ipje Registered Member

The only thing I want to say is "thanks" :thumb:

9. Victek

Victek Registered Member

GoTD is back up, and it case it wasn't clear this is not the usual arrangement with regard to installation and activation. To get the free one year license you need to create an account at www.mamutu.com and then use the coupon code included in the GoTD download. You need to do that today, however once it's done the license is tied to the account and not to the software. You can install Mamutu whenever you want to, and if you want to move it to a different PC no problem. After installing you just log into your account through the Mamutu GUI and your license information appears.

10. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I like it, it's very light, like it's not even there. :D

11. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Worth a look, especially since you can resume your subs even after an OS re-install, which is the main problem with all GOTD downloads....

Thanks A-squared/Emsisoft

12. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thanks Viteck. I saw it, but warns that will lower detection somewhat. I don't mind really having false alarms. The important for me is that it isn't eating much CPU. Something that TF should imitate.

It also gives more options (block for example). Although my main problem with these programs is that they give somewhat cryptic alerts. For example, "this program wants to behave like backdoor " (UTorrent for example, false alert obviously) , without giving any explanation as to what exactly happens. TF has the same problem too.

Anyway, i like it.

13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

There were a few members positive on mamutu :)

14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

may I add some?

If you have X units of computers, just create X different user names(email address), so that you can own X accounts and install X copies . The license is attached to your account, you own it for one year from this moment. Reinstall is your very right given.

Take care.

15. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

As a now former user and lover of ThreatFire. I just want to say thanks to Emsisoft as well, and that Mamutu to is running great so far. This is by far a much more polished program than TF and hopefully as protective. Hey you experienced security programs testers, how about testing this one? LOL.

16. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Am running Mamutu at same time as Comodo FW with Defense +....seem to get
    the same popups mostly, so i guess they are ovrlapping protection....

Nice, polished GUI for Mamutu, wish they would change the name though...

17. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Just tried it. It installs very nicely, didn't seem to consume very many resources.

Set up some basic malware tests and it seemed to do fine. Then I tried AKLT. Failed the only test I ran.

It uninstalls very nicely

A virus can screw up my computer.
    A keylogger can screw up my life.

18. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

How do I make Mamutu protect an application? If I try, without defining exceptions, the ok button remains greyed out and inaccessible. Placing a tick in the "protect this application from process manipulations" doesn't seem to help either.

It also seems to ignore (not monitor) all services by default?

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I like it and thank you for the give-a-way.:thumb: :)

20. Matern

Matern Registered Member

NP here, only a few FP. Test it a few days and make then a final decision.
    Thank you very much EMSI.

21. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Thank you Emsisoft for this opportunity. Mamutu was easy to install. I think it is agreat idea to have account but i think it should be done after the program is running...anyway thats is not a big issue.

So far mamutu is running fine and very light. I am testing it if i can replace Threatfire with this one.

22. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Mamutu may fail these types of tests simply because it knows it's only a test and not real malware. Christine explains this in the Emsisoft forum in regards to the Trojandemo test. I suggest you ask him in the forum why Mamutu doesn't pass the AKLT test and see what he has to say about it before jumping to any conclusions.

23. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

can this replace my avg antispyware? whats best alert mode to have it on community or intelligent, also in permissions it says administrator but then says choose a non admin acc? confused here

24. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

ive been wanting to try this forever.:D :D :D im going to replace tf with this for a while.

25. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

I installed Mamutu the first couple of hours of the GoTD deal. I decided to take it off because I have Threatfire and I like to wait for more feedback from users. Will this license work if I install the program again on a later date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.