Mamuto community exchange

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

I thought I had a buggy internet connection, because the PC sometimes frooze for an instance (1 sec at the most).

Next I discovered Mamuto applies a community check after finding an intrusion. I have now an automatic rule "when more than 90% of the community members allowed an intrusion, set it to allow on only this behaviour".

Seems guys from Mamuto have implemented the ideas of Windows Defender and ThreatFire very fast. Credits are to PrevX for being the first to actively use community protection. Mamuto is a good runner up.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

This community exchange program seems to be innovative and controversial at the beginning. Now it gets more popular, then tends to be abused in the wrong way. The more apps adapt it, the more bad apples emerge from it. Then,

which one do you trust ?

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Perman,

I think this affects the B]community allow[/B] side more than on the deny. I hope the guys from Emsi also copy the good habit of the PrevX guys to test the samples on five AV's and their own heuristics.

Gut feeling: PrevX is further with this development and have implemented a calibration procedure as a sanity check to the comuunity decisions.

The point you are bringing forward makes sense though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.