Malwarebytes Team Does Not Care.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Taliscicero, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I have had the same problem with Malwarebytes for over a year and a half now. I am not the only one, if you Google it many other people are having the same problem. This problem is audio crackle/spiking on videos when using Malwarebytes PRO. Let me explain here, any media you watch while using Malwarebytes PRO with this problem causes static and its impossible to listen to. Now, I had this problem a year and a half ago, I tried Malwarebytes PRO again and the problem is still there.

Myself and many other members have begged for a fix to this problem for over 2 years and yet nothing has been fixed.

You know whats the worst part? Malwarebytes Team does not even care. I have received emails that go like this.

"Change your NIC card and you won't have this problem anymore, buy a new NIC/Network card"

Now.. I don't know about you, but having a representative of a product tell me to spend my money on new hardware to get their product working how its intended is retarded. I use a laptop.... what? I am supposed to go out and buy a new laptop because your company is too lazy and does not care enough to fix this issue?

Seriously, I would have to spend a few hundred $'s at least to fix this problem myself.

Here is the two options, either Malwarebytes Team does not care about its users, or Malwarebytes Team are not smart/resourceful enough to fix their software. Both are bad.

When myself or others ask for help with the problem we just get the cold shoulder or are told to buy new network card or just plain.. go away.

Is this really acceptable from a program we pay for?

2. guest

guest Guest

Were they really that rude or you just simplify it?

Unless there's no way for Malwarebytes team to fix that bug within the program itself, then I guess that's not a good customer support. If I were you, I'll just quit using their products altogether.

EDIT: Even with free products the vendors/developers shouldn't ignore the rights of the customers to have the bugs fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. Taliscicero

They were not "rude", they were more like an insurance company or ISP that does not care and wants you to go away rather then help you with your problem, a little bit of the classic "let me get my supervisor" - "Music" - "Hangs Up". Just as if they want to ignore the problem and don't care some users have it.

I already know that, its no excuse for not fixing the problem in two years though. It also disables half the protection and causes the icon to grey and can cause error messages about disabled protection to pop up over full screen applications. Its not a fix, its just another "shrug you off" approach. I guess we are not important? I am a paying customer you would think they would care a little....

This is another shrug off stapp, they have been "looking into it" for two years even before the new version was released, they don't care.

5. Taliscicero

I was testing about, audio crackles happen with protection off while doing scans as well. What this means? I have no idea and its just dumb.

6. DX2

DX2 Guest

You've probably already done this, but installing a new version of your audio driver?

7. Taliscicero

Over the past two years, yep. I always use the latest drivers and have never had this problem with any other software, I doubt the other people with the same problem ever found any software which also had the issue either... like come on..why does an antivirus/antimalware have to effect sound anyway.. what the deal, does their heuristic engine use Beethoven to detect malware... like seriously.

8. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello Taliscicero:

I have not gone through your previous postings on this subject. However, if you haven't recently, could you publish the results of the DPC Latency Checker application in a reply?

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

The results may shed some light on the subject.

Respectfully 1PW

9. woomera

woomera Registered Member

i am one of those users. dpc latency increases noticeably high which causes lags and spikes and i have posted in their forum.
    the fix is simple just disable the website blocking feature of the program which to be honest is not their strong point!
    also would like to mention something which i never did in their website, upgrading to windows 8 solved this issue for me (not that this was the reason for my upgrade!), ok, so same softwares and same hardwares and same drivers (mostly) just upgraded to windows 8 and after that both shields are always enabled and no dpc issues anymore. so windows 8 somehow manages driver differently in a good way!? or maybe just new default lan drivers...

the issue is with their driver which is responsible for intercepting network traffic but to be honest this never changed my view over MBAM since it does what i want it to do very effectively which is removing malware. happy paid customer over here :D cheers

10. AdvancedSetup

AdvancedSetup Security Expert

@Taliscicero

I don't believe anyone has ignored or mistreated anyone purposefully on our forums with regards to this issue or any other issues. We have agreed over and over that yes it is a problem for "some" users. The number appears to be so low that I can almost promise you that Microsoft or Symantec wouldn't even blink an eye and would probably completely ignore you and not reply period which is not the case with our company. We have replied often and we are on our forums and other forums like here daily and do try to be very proactive and responsive. Because you don't have or get the answer or immediate fix you want certainly does not mean that anyone is ignoring or mistreating you.

Here was a recent posting where I last replied about this issue.
    DPC Latency Spikes and audio glitches?

I'm sorry but we currently do not have a "fix" for this issue. Yes were are aware of it and we actually have made many changes in the upcoming next version that we hope will be able to address it but again since we do not have a single machine in our entire company that I'm aware of that can duplicate this issue we don't have a guaranteed means to test it. Once that version is made available for public beta testing I would highly encourage you to test it out and then let us know if it corrects it or not.

A bit off topic but I'm not aware of too many Corporations where the actual CEO and other VPs of the company will actually take the time to personally respond to some posts on a public forum like Malwarebytes does. There are some but not many. Simply getting a hold of anyone above entry level support at most companies is very difficult. Can you show me a public forum where anyone at VP or above level is posting from Microsoft or other big Tech companies for support issues?

Thank you

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

These is about as far from the truth as you can get. Malwarebytes has some of the brightest minds enhancing their products and their support is top tier.

12. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

If we didn't care, neither I, nor Ron above, nor the product manager I'm about to send here, would decide to stick around. But we do :)!

13. exile360

exile360 Registered Member

Greetings :)

I have a bit of info to add to what AdvancedSetup said above. Not only have we been working on a major new version which we believe will address this, but our QA department has also finally been able to find one system which appears to at least partially replicate the reported behavior (no actual crackling/interruption of audio, but measurably higher DPC latency at least).

Our initial testing internally so far shows that this problem should be resolved, but as AdvancedSetup stated, we won't really know until we get to beta and we can let those affected run a real test build on their systems to see if the issue is eliminated or not.

Also keep in mind that fixing this among a few other known performance problems with Malicious Website Blocking were at the top of the list when re-architecting that component for the next major release in development and that the entire thing has been re-written from the ground up to use more efficient and more effective APIs in the hopes that such issues would become a thing of the past, so getting feedback from those affected once we do have a beta build will be of major importance to make sure that we've done our jobs right.

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is there a new beta we can try?

15. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Re: Malwarebytes Team Does Care.

The Rubber Duckster has spoken.

This thread title is completely inappropriate and out of line.

We (the participants in this forum) have seen many security software vendors come and go over the years. The MBAM guys are now some of the most longstanding and outstanding vendor participants.

MBAM is one of the most used products by participants in these forums.

Such overly dramatic criticism and accusations for a seemingly very limited software conflict is pretty lame.

16. Taliscicero

That's not a fix, its a compromise. Would you buy a car and it had an issue with its breaks, but its fine as long as you don't take it out during the winter? No, that would be a dumb thing to agree too, you bought a product that should work and not require you support to fix it.

Then why can't they fix the problem?

In due respect guys, you post on public forums because your company is not large enough for you not to have time to do so. Also other companies such as Symantec and their CEO's don't have any direct connection to the project, they are just CEO's. I am sure for example if John McAfee still owned and cared about his company he would post at public forums as well.

I am not bashing your product just because I can. I am because its been years and there has been no fix, its a long time to wait. I have actually had the audio problem on two computers, the one I'm posting with now and a desktop computer. I don't know if that just me but if its a rare problem... then what are the odds? I think more people have the problem then you think, they just don't know whats causing it.

I wish people would stop the love fest for Malwarebytes, seriously? I get your unyielding love and devotion, but my problem is real. I should not be told to go away just because I want to post about it? You would so jump on the band wagon if my problem was any of the bigger companies. These are companies, not lovers and you should treat them as such, granted they have a good reputation in this community.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  17. exile360

As far as I know this issue has not been going on for years. Reports started rolling in around April of this year when we added a massive number of IPs to block in our database. Since then we've worked to reduce the impact of this feature on latency by dramatically cutting down on the number of IPs in the database which did resolve it for most of the customers who reported this problem.

18. exile360

No, not yet, but once there is we'll be posting about it in our blog, on our website and on our forums because we'll be wanting to get a lot of testers for it.

19. Taliscicero

I did email about it a year and a half ago. I got the same "we will look into it" or "Not many users have this problem" Response, I know its more then a year ago as my old computer which i have not used for at least a year had the problem. I also have the problem when running full system scans with Malwarebytes, without the website blocking feature enabled, or in fact any of the Pro features enabled. So, I don't think its just the IP blocker, even though I know that causes the problem as well.

20. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Are you still planning on doing this? Still waiting... :D

Al

21. Taliscicero

Lol, maybe us small part of the user-base just gets over looked. ;)

I do wish they would just flat out tell us "We are not planning to fix this" instead of "We will look into it", its kinda bothersome to ask and then wait.

22. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

I am sure you guys are familiar with the concept of low hanging fruit. There is a list of improvements in the pipe and like it or not the ones that dramatically help millions of people will be done first and the ones that fix smaller issues for very small percentages of our user base will be done later. Like it or not the reality is that if we took a lot of time off from engine development and focused on polish everyone would be complaining about how badly our detection rates had slipped.

As our company grows and the major projects are completed the focus on corner cases and suggestions will increase.

We encourage everyone to report suggestions and bugs but understand that there are some things only apply to a minority of users and we do not have a massive development team. Also keep in mind that when the code base changes for V2 a lot of corner case issues may simply vanish so dealing with them now is a complete waste of time.

23. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Do you have the same problems with MBAM Free? Suggesting with respect, It would seem to me that if 1,000,000 people using MBAM don't have the problem, and 1,000 do, perhaps your equipment is the bug after all. :)

24. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Not that I want to hijack the thread, but need to thank Marcin for a superb product, the FREE version of which is the Gold Standard of second opinion scanners.

(Now you can get back to criticism).

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

exile360:thumb: :thumb: thank you and keep up the good work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.