Malwarebytes' Real Time Protection - Working?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DasFox, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Are people having success with Malwarebytes' Real Time Protection?

I'm wondering as a tech if it's going to be worthwhile to have my customers use this, or just using it for free with manual scans good enough, of course as long as they don't forget to use it, hehe...

THANKS

2. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

when i test thus MB real time protection it NEVER catch anything o_O
    other same like products did catch time to time some baddies

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't know about real time protection, as I for one, don't run any real time scanners. But in a recent effort to help a friend clean an infected computer, several of the "name" AV's didn't get it, but MBAM run in safe mode nailed it and cleaned the machine. Interesting.

Pete

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Ditto, Pete. Had a friend's PC with both the MSAntivirus & XPAntivirus2009 rogues and MBAM nabbed them both, on demand.

5. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  6. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I've read that their real-time protection isn't very good. Just that. I have never used it or read that their real-time protection was good.

I wonder HOW their real-time protection works, actually.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I got my very first "Real-Time" alert from MBAM this week. Was happy to see that it does work after all.

How often though remains to be seen. No time to test it with my zoo collection yet though.

I just hope they get that feature snapping into place like AV's do when they encounter a potential risk trying to run or drop.

EASTER

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have it installed and left it on as it's almost not there. Last night I was playing with a site advertised on TV that was supposed to perform miracles on my PC. MBAM chimed in to tell me it was a rogue site. Gee what a surprise.

I installed and played and installed and played. Oh the poor public. Finally rebooted and let ShadowDefender do it's poof act.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.