Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello @Victek,

You are most welcome ;) ...

2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I don't allow MB 3 to start with Windows any more but I have it scheduled to scan later today so have just started it and straight away I noticed my web browsing slows and pages take lonnnggger to load. This machine is currently running WD but I had the same experience last weekend while Norton was installed.

3. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Looking good here.:)

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

That does not sound good, so it looks like i will stay with MB 2 for as long as i can.

5. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I'm on a more powerful machine now and the performance impact is much less noticeable than with my laptop. You mileage may differ of course.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I don't have it loading at startup either. I only use it for on demand scans, every month or two. In my case, I think it would be pointless to use it more often then that. I don't use any of the realtime protection features, as maybe it would slow down my computer. In any case, I don't feel I have any need to use it for anything other than on demand scans.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

In MalwareBytes/Settings/Application tab there's an option called "Impact of Scans on System". By default it is set to high priority, but the priority can be lowered to improve multitasking.

8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with slowing browsing and web page loading though. That is only for scanning.

Edit: When I said "I just started it", I meant MB, not the scan. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. XIII

XIII Registered Member

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I was experiencing an odd situation every now and then where my machines would become almost non-responsive. I couldn't open Task Manager, couldn't even shut my machine down without holding down the power button. I figured there was some conflict between Norton, MB, HMP.A and VoodooShield as all have some exploit protection, although the HMP.A developers had made a change to HMP.A that was supposed to negate conflict with MB. Weeks ago I disabled MB's Exploit Protection, but I also stopped it from starting with Windows and only open it to scan. Since then I have not had this problem.

Anyone else seen anything like that?

I might run MB for a while with Exploit Protection disabled and see if this happens again or not.

11. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Installed 3.2.1 over the top of 3.1.1.2. No problems so far. Do not anticipate any.

Task Manage now shows MB tray application in Apps.
    MB service now at 200 MB.
    Custom Scan of C took 20 mins for 330,000 files.
    On reboot, MB tray icon a little quicker to load.

Posted in the 3.2 Beta forum to include a clear/reset icon next to the help button in Protection History to reset all 3 counters back to 0 or show me where in Win 10's Registry hives and/or Program Data where Protection History's current numbers are and I will manually reset them to 0.

Robert

12. guest

guest Guest

Newer Support Tools are available:
    Support Tools
    Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility v3.1.0.1023 (August 19, 2017)
    MB-Check v3.1.6.1002 (August 10, 2017)

13. Roberteyewhy

Quote from bdubrow (MB Staff)

First, thank you for your comments around Malwarebytes 3's reliability and performance. This has been our primary focus these last several months, so very happy to hear more positive comments about how it's going.:)

Second, I wanted to confirm that I have the request to reset the Protection History counters in our backlog. I agree it would be nice to give folks the option to reset to zero as they choose, so I hope to be able to pull that into an upcoming release. And no, it shouldn't actually be too difficult to implement -- up to now it's been more a matter of competing priorities and requests. We're finally at a point where we can consider more of these more cosmetic requests so I'll see what I can do.:)

I have always desired that option to reset the counters in Protection History.

Robert

14. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Malwarebytes v3.2.2.2018 Released

Whats NEW
    Performance/protective capability

• Improved memory usage
    • Reinstalling with an older installer will no longer downgrade update packages
    • Improved self-protection module stability and resiliency
    • Numerous enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
    Usability
    • Clicking ‘Install Application Updates’ button now downloads available component updates and releases regardless of limits in place for automatic update delivery
    • Added a button to access the ‘Malwarebytes My Account’ portal from in-app My Account screen [NOTE: clicking through via this button is still not fully functional]
    • Added new setting that allows you to opt in to automatically receive Beta component updates and full releases
    • Minor user interface redesigns, including confirmation of scan completion post-reboot
    Stability/issues fixed
    • Fixed numerous problems that could occur when upgrading from earlier versions to Malwarebytes 3
    • Fixed an issue where updates would fail if attempted right after PC comes out of sleep
    • Fixed an issue where the user interface could become non-responsive if mapped drives were present
    • Fixed several issues that could lead to an ‘Unable to connect the service’ message
    • Improved overall stability of drivers
    • Addressed several translation issues
    • Fixed several crashes and hangs related to the service and tray
    • Addressed many other miscellaneous defects and user interface improvements

Download: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  15. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Why is this thread still called MBAM "beta'?

16. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I have pmed a mod and see if we can get changed :)

17. Roberteyewhy

I agree. Have not had a single issue with v3 for 4-5 months now. Otherwise, just start a new thread. Maybe Peter can do that.:)

Installed 3.2.2 using Install Application Updates from previous v3.2.1 and no problems. No reboot necessary.

Upon reboot:

MB is already in the systray when the desktop appears.
    MB Tray Application is still in Task Manager's Apps section (They know about it).
    MB service is at 200 MB.

Robert

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  18. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

No offence to the mod, but the lack of a space in the title (between "Updates" and "Formerly") is triggering my OCD :eek:

19. Roberteyewhy

;););)

Robert

20. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Is this being rolled out automatically also?

21. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I used mb-clean to uninstall the previous version and after the restart it downloaded and installed the latest version. So far so good.

22. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Same here did a clean install useing mb-clean, after restart it downloaded and installed the latest version all is smoooooth :thumb:

23. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's working fine for me. I was disappointed that it turned protection on and added a scheduled scan task, rather than remembering my preferences.

24. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I wonder why this thread is now called "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates" when the program is just called Malwarebytes now. :p

25. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

The update went fine here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.