Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

You are correct though, Krusty IMO.

In the newest Beta, in 'Manage Protected Applications' there are 2 entries for Foxit Phantom. 1 has Foxit PhantomPDF.exe while the other has FoxitPhantomPDF.exe. When I click on either one of the radio buttons, the other reacts. Don't know why the space between Foxit and Phantom for one and not the other would make a difference and constitute separate apps.

All 3 Java entries does the same thing. Change the first entry to On or Off and the last changes while the first remains the same.

It just these little things that makes a difference between a polished software and one that is just not gone over with a 'fine tooth comb'.

Robert

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Robert, I wondered about things like that too and guessed one being 32-bit and the other 64-bit. I really don't know.

3. Roberteyewhy

Didn't think about that. Still, the On and Off buttons are a glitch. As is the lack of a clear or reset icon next to the question mark for 'Protection History'. What, it will just increase till a google? Does not make sense!

Back in the day when I was Beta testing, I/we would catch glitches like that. And, spelling and punctuation counts too...it's those little things that separates excellence and just mediocre!

Robert

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yep! As posted here, or somewhere, it's like three departments designed three separate modules and no one knows how to put them together. Personally, I wish they kept all three components separate, but hey, businesses will do what they think will bring the $'s.

5. Roberteyewhy

That's, IMO, the core issue with V3. Period!

They bit off more than they can chew,
    Robert

6. Roberteyewhy

Sorry off topic, but that's why, Tiny Firewall was waaaay before it's time! Look what CA did to it. Yeah, they added this and that, but beneath the hood...it was still Tiny. Eventually, CA ruined it. Wow, big news to us.

Robert

7. james246

james246 Registered Member

I implemented a complete reinstall latest release (from Feb 24th) and re-entered license. All is looking good on my system.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I installed the latest beta on my desktop, and it is working perfectly including blocking IP;s above. Now need to retry the VM

9. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Uninstalled HMPA and giving it a try, benefit of the doubt...I'm generous like that ;)

10. Peter2150

You shouldn't need to uninstall the latest HMPA. It detects MBAM and disables the MBAM antiexpoit dll

11. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Blocks first page but not second.

Attached Files:

12. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I have the same problem as krusty...In fact the Fx add-on "killspinners" stopped the loading attempt after 30 seconds.

13. Telos

Telos Registered Member

One is 64-bit the other is 32-bit.

14. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I guess I am just a dope. I decided to try MBAM again, just on the outside chance it would be great again ( like the USA - lol). Well, after installing it my pc slowed to a crawl - couldn't believe it. After uninstalling it, pc is running fine again. Darn.....wanted so bad for it to work for me.

15. Peter2150

Hi John

It is strange. I put in my VM and it was no go, but on my desktop it is perfect and feels light. Go figure.

16. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

That's why I always test on real hardware, running Windows from a VHD installation.
    VHD installation is even easier, than setting up a VM.

17. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

On my primary machine, update to 3.0.6.1469 CU3 went fine. Here I use it on-demand 'free' mode, no protections enabled, no automatic start with Windows.

But on my secondary machine, though it is 'working', I seem to have permissions issues when trying to update, even after self-protection is disabled.
    I can't uninstall either, for the same reason. So can't go forward, or backward. Here I have it start with Windows, but only AE protection enabled. At this stage I'd rather uninstall MB3 and just run MBAE.

Both are Pro licenses.

Will have to try and sort this out on the MB Forum.

Edit: Thanks to some posts here at Wilders, I realised my problem:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...striction-policies.365060/page-8#post-2655608
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/voodooshield.313706/page-584#post-2655610

It was CryptoPrevent - I had forgotten I had it installed, and running, on that machine :rolleyes:. Disabled it and updated to CU3.

Just in case others encounter this issue.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  18. Peter2150

Well this is very interesting. It's been bugging me why is it okay on my desktop but not the VM. Today I upgraded my Lenovo from 2.2 to the latest beta of 3.06. It went perfectly and is running perfectly. So I took another crack at the VM. This time I abandoned the logical and went with the illogical.

Using Autoruns, I turned off Appguard,Hitman Pro Alert and Voodooshield. Then I reinstalled the latest beta on top of itself. Voila. It installed and all modules were on, and working perfectly. Then one by one, I turned on one module at a time, rebooting each time. When all 3 had been turned back on MB3 is till working perfectly.

You might try this.

19. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

20. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

"504 Gateway Time-out"

MBAM site down?

21. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Sure looks like it.
    I miss it already.

22. Telos

Telos Registered Member

Amazon AWS outage

23. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

24. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

25. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Funny all the web sites I visit in a day and MB is the only one effected? lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.