Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

One thing I noticed is many problems people experienced were solved when they uninstalled and then did a clean install of version 3. Did you try that?

I would agree that v3 is not ready yet to be the primary security app, but it still works very well along side other AVs. Currently I use it with Windows Defender. The big advantage of v3 over v2 is dramatically faster scans with equally good detection. I understand that many users can't tolerate error messages and for them v2 is the better choice for now, but that will change.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

To be clear I didn't say the program was a nightmare. I just acknowledged that you're one of the users who had problems. As for people helping MalwareBytes solve problems that is often what Wilders members do. The reason "they can't do it [all] for themselves" is because they can't always replicate the problems users experience in a limited number of machines in house. Some people will remember that the transition from v1 to v2 also took a while and there were bumps along the way. Eventually v2 turned out well though, so that makes me confident about v3 - updates will come. In the meanwhile we can use other security solutions.

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

I did, once with 3.0.4 and again with 3.0.5. But it still did not resolve the problem. :(

It is the repeating and incorrect error messages that are intolerable. If I got the error message just once after a boot, I could live with that since I rarely ever reboot - typically only after a Windows Update requires it. Otherwise, I just let my systems go to sleep. I could probably live with it if it happened just after waking too. But out of the blue in the middle of using the computer and after already telling it once to turn it on? No.

Speed during scans is not an issue for me. This is especially true when real-time protection is enabled because then, manual scans should rarely ever be needed.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

ROFL. I am giving them a sample. we shall see.

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Just wondering if this schedule is still accurate - there seem to be lots of unhappy users. Just hope you are able to stop the crew from abandoning ship! :(

7. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

What a mess! :rolleyes:

8. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

I still have it installed, but essentially disabled, except for a scheduled scan (which is still slow on both my machines).
    If I were to uninstall it, is there anything I should do besides a Control Panel uninstall?
    Would a Revo uninstall be better, or is there some mbam cleanup utility?

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

There's no cleanup tool for v3 as of yet. Using Revo or IObit Uninstaller may help.

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Paul, just make sure Exploit Protection is disabled first, lest you [could] have problems deleting their driver.

11. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Thanks guys.

12. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Oh, a couple more tips before uninstalling:

Make sure you deactivate your licence if Pro and disable Self Protection.

13. JohnBurns

This seems to continue to be a festering wound for many. I would just like to know - how many people are uninstalling Malwarebytes 3 and going with another program, how many are uninstalling it and reverting to MBAM 2, how many are staying with MBAM 3, etc? Is there any way we can set up a poll showing this?

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There is another option if you are having problems. Just deactivate your license and it will turn off all the premium options. It then makes an excellent 2nd opinion scanner.

15. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I used Revo Pro to clean up. Did a good job.

16. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

Could i go back and install mbam2 again without uninstalling mbam3. Will my mbam3 lic work on mbam2 if i uninstalled mbam3.

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I think you will run into trouble installing MBAM 2.2 over MB 3.0. I'd uninstall first.

Yes, licenses work for both versions, but you may have to re-enter your key so make sure you have that handy.

18. Dragon1952

I installed 2.2 again along with 3 to see if i could use them both together. That did not work to good. 2.2 wanted a restart to complete install and 3 shortcut icon was now locked up so i could not start up mbam3 now, so i uninstalled 3 with ccleaner and restarted to see how 2.2 will work. 2.2 installed with the old premium lic that it had before i installed 3 over the top of it. It looks like i will be using 2.2 until mbam3 starts to work a lot better.

19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

It has me baffled why people ask for advice and ignore it when given. o_O

20. Dragon1952

Thanks for the advice Krusty.

21. JohnBurns

I've temporarily uninstalled MBAM 3 and am trying Zemana Antimalware. Getting tired of messing with MBAM's problems even tho I have 3 lifetime licenses. Will see how it goes with Zemana.

22. fblais

fblais Registered Member

23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

24. Dragon1952

I should have waited one more day before i gave up on V3 and went back to V2.

25. guest

guest Guest

That's a lot.

Changelog for v3.0.6 Release Preview:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.