Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

any uninstaller for v3 present?
    (removal for v2 here)

3. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

4. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Truthfully, this is the worst release I have in my many years of playing with computer programs.

What were these people thinkingo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O?

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

We know that you had problems with it. Why not just wait for the next release and try again?

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I initially had problems with it, but I decided maybe part of the blame lies on my pc and some of the other apps I have installed, as well as MBAM. I'm going to stick with them - they've been very good over the years. Hopefully it's just a short time now before things are completely fixed and back to "normal".

Explanation for this post. My reasoning for this post is that I have 2 home pc's exactly same specs, but different printers and a few different programs on each - one works fine with MBAM3 - the other freezes up on startup and shutdown with MBAM3. I have tried installing MBAM3 a couple times on the one which freezes and the problem returns each time. So, obviously something installed on that pc does not play well with MBAM3. On that pc MBAM2 does work, so for now I will continue using MBAM 2 on one pc and MBAM3 one one pc. Wish I could figure out what the differences that cause the problem are. But, hopefully a solution will come soon from the MBAM crew.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  7. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

MalwareBytes seems to consider MBAM 3 Premium as a replacement for other anti-virus software which is what it tells Windows Security Center what it is. Wouldn't this product therefore be more appropriate in WildersSecurity 'other anti-virus software'?

8. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

No. MBAM 3x has absorbed MBAE, which means it is now more than just a typical scanner.

9. guest

guest Guest

It absorbed MBAE and MB antiransomware.

They claim themselves and an AV product that can work alone
    I guess it should be moved to other antivirus software.

Another problem is the missuse (my opinion) of the word antvirus and anti-malware taking into account that malware is a wider concept than virus and the products of the other antivirus software offer a wider protection in general than the products in other anti-malware software. It's the heritage I guess

10. guest

guest Guest

Blows me away that people are still hoping that 3x will succeed. It already had subpar detection compared to its competition when it was a standalone scanner, and now it has other subpar features to complement it.

11. guest

guest Guest

The detection is subpart according with the tests but the AE tech is pretty good and the antiransomware I guess it needs to be tested in deep first

12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

What is the competition you're comparing it with? I use MBAM v3 in the field now since the scans are very fast. It does a very good job of removing PUPs and malware as well. I previously used v2 for the same reasons and v3 is much faster. MBAM v3 coexists nicely with Windows Defender on Windows 10, and the two together are a good solution IMHO.

13. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe Registered Member

Don't take this as this being combative because that is not my intent.. but what's so great about fast scans if the detection rate is terrible? I base the "detection rate is terrible" statement by what I've read and saw a couple weeks ago when I tried MBAM 3.x.. made a post on it in this thread I think. I haven't been following the development much since I uninstalled and tried another application.

14. guest

guest Guest

Zemana AM, HitmanPro and Emsisoft EK are all vastly superior to MB's detection rate.

It's not even necessarily the fastest either. I don't see the hype.

15. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Quick scans yeah, but it slows my whole computers.

16. smokeyjoe

smokeyjoe Registered Member

Same here.. CPU usage would spike to 98% on scans

17. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Looking forward to the next release.

18. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yeah same here but even when no scans are running MB 3.0 slows my machines.

19. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

I would be happy if I could just install the program so I could take a look at it.

I have 5 Lifetime licenses and it will install on only two of my computers.

20. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Can't you view it on the two computers that it will install on?

21. guest

guest Guest

I think the devs are aware of the detection issue and when I ask about it just after the release of v3 one of them said that they are working on it, so I gues soon or later they will release something "big"

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

No worries about that :)

I'm not seeing the bad detection rate which is why I asked. I will sometimes use HitmanPro along with MBAM for additional confidence and they appear to largely detect the same things. I also observe that MBAM consistently detects and removes malware that some traditional AVs can't even see. It's those AVs that have the really bad detection rates IMHO. But all that said perhaps you could link to professional test results?

23. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Thankful

I read that and frankly, loads of words that don't say much. I reported a piece of malware that MB3 didn't detect, and got a load of double talk explaining why the vectors were wrong and that's why it wasn't detected. Retested and the malware was indeed detected. Hmm.

I just tested a sample of Goldeye Ransomware. MB3 did a great job of detecting it. But then again so did MB2. Care to explain

25. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Bye the way, I downloaded the "finished product" today and it installed over my Malwarebytes Premium, including the setup successfully copying my lifetime license, without a hitch! I didn't have to do a thing. I noticed in threads here and on their site, lots of license issues reported.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.