Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Nov 14, 2016.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I think it would be better if MBAM allowed you to select or deselect a threat detected as a whole. I think this is a better option to having to manually add exclusions.

2. Claire Louise Reed

Claire Louise Reed Registered Member

Causes my Windows 10 Anniversay computer to freeze solid, have to uninstall it

3. bidd

bidd Guest

Disabling Anti-Exploit makes no difference here Marcin, I'd gone through and tried all those scenarios and the only thing that works is to not have MBAM start up with windows.

I think I may have just found the cause, if I disable the self protection module everything is back to normal...nice and snappy:)

4. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

5. ElmarBillerbeck

ElmarBillerbeck Registered Member

I have here a lifetime license for MBAM from 2012. Everything works fine until yesterday installed MBAM 3 BETA and it could not be registered. Message appears that two many registrations of that key where registered on the servers and i must contact the support? Could anybody confirm that lifetime licenses for MBAM have a quota?

Many thanks and regards

6. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I got the same issue, wrote to support & the activation issue solved the next day.

Excellent customer support. :)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/malwarebytes-3-0-beta.389946/#post-2631243

7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

8. PeZzy

PeZzy Registered Member

Yesterday, I started to have problems with the exploit protection not turning on. Maybe it suddenly became incompatible with EIS? It just says "starting" when I try to turn it on.

9. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I had the same with Ransomware Protection. Try a restart.

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

@RubbeR DuckY and @ZeroVulnLabs ,

I've just ran mbam-clean on mbam 2.0 before installing mbam 3.x beta 2 and the installation went much smoother. I suspect there is an issue upgrading from an earlier version of mbam.

I hope that helps.

11. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Well for some stupid reason mbam schedule thinks it is May, 1904. WTF? I'll beta test but I will not alpha test!

Bye bye mbam beta. (Alpha) Please let me know when you've made it to this century

12. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

No such issue here
    2016-11-26 08_36_20-Malwarebytes Premium 3.0.3.png

13. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Had to uninstall MBAM 3 because it is blocking my system (re-installed MBAM 2 which is running fine).

Somehow MBAM generates a UAC dialog at startup (why?) that is blocked by other software on my PC and does not even appear (until I disable MBAM and other security software)

14. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Was this an upgrade from a 2.x version?

Edit: Stupid question. Would you be available to debug in realtime by any chance?

15. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Did you happen to take a screenshot? Would really appreciate that and a service log.

16. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Since this is a more technical community, I don't mind posting this here.

If you run into any lock up or sluggishness issues, could you produce a process dump of mbamservice and send it to me?

Open Task Manager -> Click the Details tab -> Right click mbamservice.exe -> Create dump file

Thanks!

17. XIII

XIII Registered Member

To be honest I rather don't give others access to my PC.

If I find time to try MBAM 3 again, I will try to create a dump, but even the task manager was very hard to open when my system was locked.

18. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Didn't mean access directly, just chat or something similar. Regardless, if you find time to create a dump (have task manager open prior to running MB3) I would really appreciate it.

19. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Ah, I thought you meant something like TeamViewer.

I probably won't be able to do any tests until the second half of next week.

20. PeZzy

PeZzy Registered Member

When I booted up my computer this morning, Malwarebytes didn't automatically start. When I ran it, it asked for my license. Also, it use to say version 3.0.2 and now it says 3.0.0.

21. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

Can you send me a service log and a screenshot of the About tab?

22. PeZzy

PeZzy Registered Member

It eventually asked to update and it downloaded and installed 3.0.2. I am back to having an on-going problem of exploit protection not starting automatically. After I manually turn it on, the systray icon continues to show that exploit protection is off, but the UI window says it is on.

23. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello PeZzy,

Most of the issues that you are experiencing in Malwarebytes version 3.0.2 can be fixed by updating to Malwarebytes version 3.0.3.
    Please note that Malwarebytes version 3.0.2 will not update itself to Malwarebytes version 3.0.3 due to issues with Malwarebytes version 3.0.2.
    You must first uninstall Malwarebytes version 3.0.2 then reboot before installing Malwarebytes version 3.0.3.
    See the following post for more information.
    From my experience and the reading of the threads and posts over on the Malwarebytes Forums, I would proceed as follows:
    • Open the Malwarebytes GUI (by right clicking the tray icon then "Open Malwarebytes").
    • Make sure that you have exited any programs that are protected by the Anti-Exploit (MBAE) feature.
    • Be sure to get your license ID and/or Key from the "My Account" screen if you do not have it handy.
    • Deactivate your license while you are on the "My Account" screen.
    • Exit the Malwarebytes GUI (by clicking the "X" in top right corner).
    • Shut down Malwarebytes completely (by right clicking the tray icon then "Quit Malwarebytes").
    • Proceed to uninstall Malwarebytes version 3.0.2 normally.
    • Reboot your system.
    • Install Malwarebytes version 3.0.3. If you need the download, you may obtain it by following the link in the above quote.
    HTH...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  24. PeZzy

PeZzy Registered Member

Thanks for the info. When I tried to install 3.0.3, it couldn't overwrite an existing mbae64.sys file, dated November 11. That may have been my problem. I removed it and installed 3.0.3 and everything looks good so far.

25. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello PeZzy,

You are most welcome :thumb: !
    Just glad if my post helped in some way ;) ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.