Malware in Temp. Internet files

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by beethoven, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I made use of the A Squared special offer and installed this on my laptop. This laptop has not been in use for more than a year and I am getting it ready for a short trip now.
    Scanning with ASquared three high risk items are being flagged, all appearing in IE, Temp. Internet folders : "Exploit.HTML.CodebaseExec.A!IK and Trojan.IFram.AM!IK.

I assume I can just let A Squared take care of it but could someone please confirm that in principle stuff found in there is not necessarily a danger? Am I right that a page I visited may have contained this danger but that's about it?

2. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

If it is in the IE Temp. Internet folders ,go ahead and delete the infections.I'd rather you posted the full path though.Anyway,a clearing with ccleaner would have removed them too.

3. beethoven

here is the full info and no other traces of malware anywhere:

C:\Documents and Settings\bach\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\V3D3ND0W\Sommario[1].htm detected: Exploit.HTML.CodeBaseExec.A!IK
    C:\Documents and Settings\bach\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JU71LD77\class[1].htm detected: Trojan.IFrame.AM!IK
    C:\Documents and Settings\bach\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5VZ57XNW\dajidian[1].htm detected: Trojan.IFrame.AM!IK
    C:\Documents and Settings\bach\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5VZ57XNW\Cable%20List[1].htm detected: Trojan.IFrame.AM!IK

I know that anything in the Opera cache is harmless and cannot run without me actively clicking on it. How much risk do I have leaving this in the temp folder (not that I have any intention) just to understand.

4. chris2busy

yep.scrap em..100% no harm will be done.you can even do it from ie settings.if it makes u feel any safer though,make a system restore point before u flush them
    (it is wise,not to write your user's name when pasting dir)

5. beethoven

thanks Chris,

btw, bach is not my user name - just like his music :D

6. chris2busy

i can tell :D from your current wilder's username ;)
    cheers mate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.