Malware false positive? I hope.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Its Stillme, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Stillme

Its Stillme Registered Member

I recently downloaded Spyware Doctor 6.0.0.386, free software. None of my other programs, AdAware, Spybot, AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware found any problems but I was getting a lot of "program 'not responding'" so I tried SD. It detected 1 Threat with 3 infections of adware.broadcap!sd6 . I looked for adware.broadcap!sd6 on the web but didn't find too many references to it. Does it seem likely that my PC has a problem? could it possibly be a false positive? If it is a real problem I will need to get rid of it. Any recommendations for a malware remover?
    Thank you :doubt:

2. sbbb24

sbbb24 Registered Member

Run an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner
    http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

If it picks up anything it would be best to post your Hijackthis Log to any forum with authorized readers who can help you clean up any infections you may have. If it doesn't find anything, it still may be good to do so.

Alternatly, you can download SUPERantiSpyware and Asquared Free for additional on demand scanning.

-Bob

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

You could try following this post. Most malware issues are solvable in safe mode.

I had a relative who's computer came up clean on normal scanning attempts, though he had symptoms of malware. Ran the same scans in safe mode, turns out he had Vundo and Fakealert to name a few. we removed 27 trojans in safe mode, none detected in normal mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.