Malware Definitions - No updates since March 6!!!

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Uncle Ben, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Have you noticed that Acronis hasn't updated its malware definitions since March 6 2007. Acronis will want us to believe that their DB is right up-to-date and that there hasn't been any new threats since March 6!

Yeah, sure!

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi,Uncle Ben

Your right, that what it says here Acronis Privacy Expert Suite Spyware updates

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Uncle Ben

I'm surprised that nobody else is bitching about this. Not only is PE full of bugs and won't even install properly, but they can't even maintain their malware database. I've never seen such a lousy bunch of incompents in my life. It will be freezing in hell before I buy anything else from the Acrobats!:mad:

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Incompetents? I am sorry but why are you using the product if it's full of bugs? So that you can bitch about it? Those "Acrobats" you are talking about are excellent software company which delivers one of the best solutions in storage maintenance. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I believe the majority of Wilders members will agree with me.

Regards,

5. Uncle Ben

You know, on second thought, you're absolutely right. I don't know what possessed me to post that note, I must have gotten up from the wrong side of the bed. Acronis PE is free of bugs, has always been free of bugs. The few issues that were brought up to Acronis' attention over the years were dealt with with due dilligence. Recent releases of the PE do not carry old bugs dating back two and three years. This is a company that is truly attentive to its user base and deals with issues switftly. Anyone who reads this forum will come to this realization immediately. When it comes to customer support, this company shines!o_O

6. Lilly

Lilly Registered Member

OK, so now that you have this off your chest, how about commenting on the issue! One of the key functions of this software is to protect against malware and if the malware DB is not kept up-to-date, then one can say that it not being looked after competently, no? Yes, Acronis does indeed produce some very good software (e.g. TI), but I don't think PE is one of them. No one should have to do summersaults just to INSTALL an application. My humble opinion. :)

7. twiz

twiz Registered Member

I have faithfully purchased the program over the past five years but now I am totally ticked by the fact that not only are the malware updates far and few between, but there has been no real update to the program in a year's time! There are many bugs in the program that have gone un-addressed by Acronis for many years. Actually, they had the nerve to send me an email asking me to pay for another year. No way, not until you fix the program. The program can be a great tool, but alas in it's present shape it's a computer 'door stop.'

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello there! ;)

:D
    I'd be happy to do so. On the issue and on the other stuff.
    I am really sorry, but I was so overwhelmed by the lack of subtlety in Uncle Ben's post that I completely forgot to put my comment on the issue: I agree with both of you that the Acronis is not paying the same amount of attention to PE as it does to it's other offsprings, that is quite evident and that's about it.
    However I don't think this is the way in which one should ask for customer support. You don't go around flaming and raising a rebellion and calling people names because you are not satisfied with something. You will achieve nothing. There ARE alternative behavior models which may be more fruitfull. But then again, this is only a matter of good upbringing...

Cheers. :D

9. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Finally, a new update today 3-31-07.

10. twiz

twiz Registered Member

You must be seeing an update that I don't. The last update for PE 9.0 is #1461 from April '06. What update # are you referring to?

11. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Sorry, I was referring to a malware definition update and not a new build. We will both have to keep waiting for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.