Malware Defender and disk activity

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tomazyk, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I have been checking my running processes with Anvir Task Manager Free and I noticed that process Malwaredefender.exe constantly uses 99K/s disk load. I checked process with other tools (Process Explorer and Process Monitor) but non of them is showing that activity. So right now I don't know in Anvir's reading is right or incorrect (MD uses some system hooks so Anvir can't get to other info about that process - company, executable file...)
    I also tried wit Diskmon but it is useless because it doesn't show the process that generates disk activity.

So my question is: do you know any other application that could reliably show me disk activity of processes in real time?

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

3. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Thank you a lot for that info! That program is great.:thumb:

It showed the same activity but I could pinpoint the activity to I/O Other bytes, which means that this is not disk activity.
    I also checked disk activity and MD generates almost no read/write operations.

Thanks again :)

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You're welcome.:thumb:

It is a very good utility no doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.