Malicious Software Removal

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Friedel, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friedel

Friedel Registered Member

Hi,

I just bought Privacy Expert Suite (in German) and did the Malicious software removal (I hope this is the right translation). The software found a couple of registry-entries.

I´m afraid to tell PES to delete them (or put it into the quarantine) because they maybe are needed from a software. So my computer might be damaged and I can´t start it again (I think the entries are o.k., but you never know).

In case the computer will be damaged. How can I restore the registry? Or does PES check the computer first so nothing can happen??

Thanks
    Friedel, Germany

2. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Supprisingly, you never got any reply to this. You can look at the malware information that Acronis spits out - it's usually cookies. In that respect, I think that Acronis is quite competent and you shouldn't be too concerned about damaging your computer. But if you're concerned, why don't you come back to this group and post the two line items that Acronis PE found, so we can take it from there.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.