Malaware appz

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi im currently running on demanda avg suite, i did have bo clean but found it wasn't doing alot i want a anti spyware malaware that runs alongside but is light? any suggestions thanks

Though'ts on spyware terminator

Cyberhawk has taken my interest is it heavy?

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi maddawgz,

Am I interpreting your post correctly in that you do not run the AVG suite real time, but only on demand? You have no real time protection if that is true.

The AVG site indicates that all of the suites have anti-spyware protection. I think that the AS is essentially AVGAS 7.5 which is probably as good as any.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Cyberhawk is light and runs nice and quiet.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

CyberHawk is always been a favorite of mine. I don't use it right now but if it's improved i harbor no reservations of adding it to my layered protection defenses.

5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I've run SpywareTerminator with many different applications, including Boclean, and AVG AS (demand), with no problems at all. (No "acid" tests, either.)
    SpywareTerminator is not really "light", but it certainly isn't heavy, either.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I really like Spyware Terminator myself even though i haven't used it in a awhile.

ST covers a lot of territory and is never disappointed me or made issues either.

Good suggestion for a Layered Approach.

7. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi JerryM yes Avg Suite realtime as main scanner, but was just thinking of adding something i think ill try Spyware term rather then cyberhawk as CH seems more for viruses and i think avg covers that, all the choices huh Tx MD

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I think if CyberHawk continues to improve without taxing too awfully strong on resources it's well on it's way to maintaining itself in the top roster of HIPS/Behavior Apps.

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi Maddawgz, from your other thread, you said your running the AVG suite without its firewall, but instead your running Windows firewall. So basically your running what is called AVG 'anti-malware' (AVG AV+ AVG AS formerly Ewido), is this correct? That to me would seem to be a good start. I would make sure that you got all the nasties removed from your machine before adding anything. Scanning in safe mode with many scanners is a good idea.

AVG 'anti-malware' with an added HIPS/IDS or behavior blocker program should be a good setup. Add sandboxie for your browsing and you should be 99% safe. I have a license to the AVG suite and have thought about running AVG anti-malware with Online Armor2 (Firewall and HIPS). That would be a very good and simple setup. Make sure your computer is clean before installing anything else, especially a hips type program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.