Making quantum cryptography truly secure

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lotuseclat79, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Making quantum cryptography truly secure.

-- Tom

2. hpmnick

hpmnick Registered Member

3. lotuseclat79

Hi hpmnick,

No quantum computer will be used unless it is secure first.

-- Tom

4. x942

x942 Guest

Isn't that what they said about Windows? ;)

5. hpmnick

hpmnick Registered Member

That's not true at all... If the potential processing power was real and viable, it would be used.

I was just taking a jab at the fact that there will probably never see a true working quantum computer, IMO. Even if you could mass produce something like this (which would be a very long way off), I think due to the random nature of QM that it would be nearly impossible to maintain integrity in the system.

Truth be told, a lot of current problems stem from this. It is so easy to make a Quantum computer NOT work. Entanglement can be disrupted after a very short time, and there are so many outside factors you'd have to shield the computer from.

There are computers that use Quantum effects (quantum annealing), but this is typically not what you mean when you say "quantum computing". A true quantum computer has massive amounts of computational power.

I'd love to eat my words and see a working, sellable quantum computer, but I think we will obliterate ourselves before we see this happen.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

hahaa that made me laugh, so true

7. lotuseclat79

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.