Making boot disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by torvalds, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torvalds

torvalds Registered Member

Hi. Im trying to make the boot disk for True Image. Every time I select my DVD-RW drive and click next it just spits the cd out of the drive after a few seconds and give me this: "Error burning the bootable cdr/cdrw".

Anyone know how to get round this?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you putting a CD-R disk in the drive? The TrueImage Recovery CD has to be a CD-R or CD-RW disk and not a DVD disk of any kind.

3. torvalds

Yes its a cdr.

4. Alan Jones

Alan Jones Registered Member

Using Windows 2000 Pro I have only been able to create a boot CD by doing it from "Safe Mode". When I boot into Safe Mode it creates the boot CD flawlessly.

Alan

5. torvalds

Ok i'll try that now. I just rebooted and the fact that the CD was still in the drive was unknown to me. It booted to the CD and gave me a black screen with Acronis written at the top left corner, but thats it, nothing else happened. So something has been written to the CD but not everything I need.

6. torvalds

I went into safe mode and the disk burned this time ok. I booted from the disk and im still getting what I got before.. just a black screen with Acronis written on the top left corner. What should be happening at this point?

7. zebraf

zebraf Guest

1) while burning the boot disk under Windows, try burning at a slower speed. EG, if you have a 52x CD burner, try dropping down to 24x burn speed.

2) Use a different brand of CDR media.

8. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It should continue and boot into the TrueImage gui interface that looks just like the Windows interface.

Read the post at the top of this forum titled "Read before you post" and try the suggestion there about hitting F11.

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

2 posts moved to a new thread on another subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.