Making a Snapshot ,my system freezes

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by trebla, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebla

trebla Registered Member

When making a Snapshot of my System do I have to shutdown Anti virus software and other programs that access the hard drive that is being copied?
    I seem to have the problem of the my PC freezing when using Firstdefense
    with everything running from the System tray.I can't use the mouse or do anything at all.My System is a Quad Core with 4GB of Ram running with Vista Home Premium.
    I have the programs below running from the system tray.
    NOD32
    Threatfire
    Look 'n'Stop
    Smart Defrag
    BOClean
    Thank you

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

IF smart Defrag is active, you should definitely disable that. I would also disable anything that is actively scanning.

Pete

3. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Thanks for your quick reply.What about NOD32,BOClean and Threatfire with there Real time protection.

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I never disable Nod or Boclean and have never had any problems. Don't use ThreatFire. The only thing that I disable at all is Anti-Executable. I don't have a defragger that defrags in real time but that is one thing that I would disable if I had it. Good luck.

Acadia

5. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Thanks for your help.I got a Snapshot with Threatfire disabled like you suggested.I just carried on working on the computer as I normally would and it worked fine.I then started Threatfire up again and did a copy of the Snapshot which worked OK but I didn't start any more programs whilst it was being copied.So it looks as if it's OK with Threatfire providing i'm not doing anything with my PC.
    Thanks again for your help,much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.