Making a network bootable CD with Ghoost (ALso BartPe Problems with normaliz.dll)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by quad2k, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

Does anyone have one that is already made with ghost 11. Haha

I use Hiren's BootCD 9.7 but I'm in charge of most of my places computers and they are different model Dell computers. Oh How i hate dell.

Anyways, I'm doing Ghoost Bootable Network boot from my ghostcast server 1 gigabyte to different model computers. The Hiren's BootCD 9.7 works well with many of the older models.

For the newer models I'm want to create a USB boot (like bartpe) with all of the network drivers for the different model dells I image. Ie Dell Optiplex 745, 755 and the new 760. I am only having a problem with the 760, the drivers off the dell site won't boot with ghost boot cd builder.

If anyone know about Bartpe and they can help me out.

I have built the CD with 0 Errors and I can boot it off CD or USB. Ghost 11 works great, But when i go to install the network drivers i get can not find normaliz.dll and it's unable to install on any computer. So the network drivers never load.

How Do i fix the normaliz.dll for BartsPE with 3.1.10a?

Also I'm running windows XP SP 3 off the HD as a builder. It's the pro version.

Barts and all the options work, I just can't get the network to load due to normaliz.dll error? I Have put the normaliz.dll in the system32 and I386 and after i build it, the file is gone? Any HELP would be great ASAP

I need to make a bootable disk for Dell Otiplex 755, 760 745

I'm using the driver packet Lan plugins as well as Drivers located in the net area.
    Intel825xxGigabit
    Broadcom57XX
    IntelPRO100
    Broadcom440x

Ect, these all have cab and ini files, I have a problem with the Normaliz.dll loading any of them, none of them load up. They find the drivers so i know i put them in correctly, they have a error when loadeding to due the .dll, and I then get a fake ip and it's not working correctly. In the past I have used the ghost network boot builder and I don't want to build a cd for these new model computers, I want something to have a working muti bootable network cd. I have built a http://www.netbootdisk.com/ with the dell 760 drivers and it also doesn't work correct, Anyone have a working Dell Optiplex 760 bootable would be a life saver. I have already set the drives to ATA, so it's not a computer problem. I also plan to have it work on the different model laptops as well, so i need to be able to add more Lan drivers as time goes on.

Thanks.

2. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

any help>

3. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

For BartPE is very easy to install network and scsi, sata and raid drivers.

Check at your bartpe installation directory. There you will see a folder named "drivers" (how original :p :D ).
    Open it and you will see two folders; one named "Net" and another named "SCSIAdapter".
    In the "Net" folder put your network drivers (you can add more folders that contain the drivers for distinguish them easier, instead of throwing the driver files in the Net folder).
    In the "SCSIAdapter" put your scsi, raid and sata drivers (same logic).

BartPE will automatically install all the drivers in the final cd. ;)

Panagiotis

ps. You might want to take a look at the winbuilder project. The BartPECore can use both bartpe and winpe plugins. Only pay attention to create a "drivers" (with the "Net" and "SCSIAdapter" subfolders) in the same directory where winbuilder.exe resides. (then simple put the necessary drivers folders as described above)

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have an image I made of bartPE for my 975xbx2, that works with many intel boards, and many dell computers. I used bashrat's driver packs network pack, modified the master inf file (commented out drivers I did not want), and deleted from the pack what I commented out. I did the same thing with the storage drivers. I put them into the custom drivers directories in bart setup folder. Made my image with xp sp2. I included the files from win2k3 for ramdisk boot.

I have to load networking, but adapters not always found. I then use a couple of the tools from the bart start menu to set up the nic's. Works fine on broadcom 1gb, as well as every intel I have tried, ranging from older pci 10/100 to new 1gb. Also works on the 3com integrated ones in many dell machines.

Maybe try some of the driver pack methods. I think there are some plugins for them now.

Sul.

5. pandlouk

Sully, try the method I described and you will not be disappointed. No need to install or create driver plugins.

6. pandlouk

You can boot from USB even the olders system that do not support it from the bios. Just install the freeware PLoP - Bootmanager. It does not modify the mbr; only uses the Windows 2k,XP and Windows Vista BootManager; more info here.

Panagiotis

7. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Yes, but it is limited to which drivers you put in. With the driverpacks, it has a vary large amount of network drivers. It is subdirectoried by vendor, so taking out drivers that you will probably never encounter is what I do. Same goes for storage adapters. The xp source used knows of many, but the driverpacks have many many more. Again, I take out a portion, mainly server type hardware because I will never run into them normally.

The method you describe is the same that I use, only I put bashrat's modified driverpacks instead of just the 4 or 5 that I might have on my machines.

Sul.

8. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

I understand how to add drivers

How do i fix the normaliz.dll error I get, when my network drivers are not being loaded

can't not find normaliz.dll?

9. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

any help, i have already tryed to manual put the dll files inside of the bartpe, didn't work.

10. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have never seen that myself. I used an XP with sp2 slipstreamed as the source, and only used the driverpacks like I said for the network side of things. I have used it like I said on many machines and not seen that issue ever.

Maybe build a fresh source slipstreamed or whatever and see if it fixes it. If it still does not fix it, let me know and I will try to find time to attempt to break it with that error on my image and then see how to fix it.

Sul.

11. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

I used a WIndows XP SP3 CD.. directly copy and pasted as a source.

12. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

I'm going to build my own off the BartPEGuide.htm

I found a SP2 cd and slimstreamed it

now I'm getting errors and warning

13. pandlouk

Why do you want to use SP3 on bart PE? SP2 works more than fine.

If you can post the errors, I could help.

ps. the normaliz.dll is needed for your ghost plugin or for the pe os? When do you get the error?

14. Sully

Sully Registered Member

A quick look says that normaliz.dll is related to IE7. Probably part of sp3. There are many mentions of putting it into the $OEM$\$$\System32 directory and the installer then using oempreinstall=yes in the winnt.sif file. I would try as pandlouk says, going with sp2 and see what happens. I found notes that even bashrat's driverpacks have issues like you are having. Why I don't know, but there are lots of references, googled 'normaliz.dll bartpe'.

Sul.

15. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

I get can't not load network drives due to normaliz.dll after i load the Bartpe, when it boots up network support. Let me look for a Windows SP2 cd here at work. and Give it a shoot.

16. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

WIndows SP2, I LOVE YOU

IT works and works well, got my D630 laptops to boot :)

I'm getting a ghosting firewall error

Ghost Firewall was not set, and i can just skip on. Anyway to set the ghost firewall settings in bartpe?

17. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

18. pandlouk

19. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

20. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

I have that pluging to disable it 3 times, i though i had it in wrong, but it still gives me the same error. Anyone have another way to get rid of this? It's only in ghost 11.

Or even a full firewall plugin that i can just download and load? WOuld be helpfull.

21. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

Anyone know how to set the ghost firewall rules in ghost 11, that is loaded in bartpe?

22. pandlouk

I cannot understand where is the problem. Have you tried running the command "NET STOP IPNAT" and you cannot connect?

Panagiotis

23. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

When I load up Ghost 11, I Have an IP and i get a error 1867 Failed to install firewall rule.

When I run ghost32 version 11.0.1 on a Bartpe boot disc, I get this pop-up: Ghost Question 1867 Failed to install firewall rule. Do you want to continue? with a yes or no button.

If i hit yes, it will just time out. I have an IP and a working ghostcast server. I have done it before with network bootdisk and it has worked fine. Now with bartpe it doesn't work due to this firewall rule. It does do it with Herins boot Cd or network boot cd. Only in bartpe?

Anyway to fix this. I have checked already on google and nothing is working for me. Adding a disable firewall plugin didn't work.

Any walk throught on how to set a rule?

24. pandlouk

Did you executed the net stop command or not?

- Before lanching ghost, open the command shell (cmd.exe) and type net stop ipnat and press enter. Then run ghost.

25. quad2k

quad2k Registered Member

Testing this now, will let you know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.