make one patition from two?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by hartmut, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hartmut

hartmut Guest

hey, i just bought dds9 and used it for patitioning my harddisk - it's working fine. but now i'm searching a function where i can bring together two partitions - is this possible? my d: and e: drive containing each data, so i need a fuction that keeps the data. how can i do this with dds9o_O

hartmut

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hartmut,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/products/diskdirector/).

We regret to inform you that in the current version of Acronis Disk Director Suite there is no such function. However we do have this enhancement in out TO DO list.

Thank you.

3. hartmut

hartmut Guest

ok - hopefully it's not on the todolist for 2008.... do you have a workaround for me? on both patitions are data!!!

hartmut

4. Acronis Support

Dear hartmut,

The only possible workaround is to copy the data from one partition to another storage, delete this partition and then resize the second one and copy the data to it. This is possible only if both partitions are on the same hard disk drive.

Thank you.

5. hartmut

hartmut Guest

thanks for the help. the data on one harddisk and i will use an usb-hdd for storing the data.
    but: please keep in mind to build such a function - powerquest has it for a long time....and it's a very good and sometimes necessary utility.

hartmut

6. Annon420

Annon420 Guest

no kidding. how can you consider selling this crap as a commercial product? what I mean is what features does it have that fdisk doesnt have? besides a colorful interface.

7. annon420

annon420 Guest

sorry

im just mad and tired after your os selector product hosed my hard drive and i had to spend all night figuring out how to recover it. :-(

8. shummy

shummy Guest

i have a problem whit my pc
    i have 2 harddisks but my firt is to little now i wannt the second harddik to run voor resieving how wil i doo that my frind told my i need a patitionmaker is this wriht and were can i get it or how do i juse this

9. Acronis Support

Hello shummy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please describe your intention more exactly? I recommend you to contact info@acronis.com and describe what you want to do. Please also include Acronis report file in your request:

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.