[ Make bootable rescue DVD with auto-recovery ]

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by meforero, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meforero

meforero Registered Member

Hello please ....

I desire burn booteable DVD auto-recovery
    That when i boot from my dvd disc, the acronis askme if i desire recovery image. if YES then recovery automaticaly myimage.tib (as norton ghost)

If before is not possible, then how do make (burn) bootable rescue DVD but with myiamge.tib on same disk.

Thanks for your answers ...

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You can burn a bootable rescue DVD containing the image by selectiong the option when making the archive that is called something like Media Components then Place True Image Full on media.

Be very careful about One-click Restore! This option restores all of the partitions contained in the image. If the disk has extra partitions not contained in the image then they will be deleted and lost!

If your image will take more than 2 or 3 DVDs then restoring it will be very slow since you will be swapping DVDs in and out. TI does not read all of one DVD, then the next one, etc.

As always, if you haven't done so, you should test the restoration to a spare drive to ensure that you will be able to recover when necessary. The TI rescue environment is Linux, not Windows, and sometimes the drivers don't work well on some PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.