major scrolling slowdown at...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by attila4000, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

www.eset.com/podcasts/

why is scrolling with my wheel mouse so slow and also with the vertical scroll tab with IE 7.0? cpu usage shot up to near 50%.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Attila,

Is your mouse driver the latest? I would try that before looking elsewhere. Your up to date? Disable visual styles in io's, advanced tab. Any difference? Have a look around this site - http://www.ie-vista.com/ or check a few IE7 discussion's.

channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=213816

Steve

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. attila4000

attila4000 Registered Member

its not the mouse, so ill disable visual styles. even page up and page down on the keyboard cause the same slowdown. thanks.

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I had a similar problem on Vista some months ago - not slowdowns really, but CPU engaging up to 50% when scrolling with mouse or keyboard. I tried the changing driver stuff but I never actually looked into that problem deep enough - before I could do anything else, I ditched Vista due to various other reasons. :D
    I would like to see the cause for this behavior though. I wouldn't be surprised if Aero is the sole culprit here. :)

BTW, attila4000, what's with the podcast link you provided? Is it somehow related to the issue?

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I get the same slow scrolling problem here in IE7. I see this once in a while with IE7, but when I try another browser, that usually eliminates the problem. It seems to vary with different browsers anyhow. My thinking is that it's just IE7, as opposed to a graphics or driver problem. If the page scrolls quickly and easily in K-Meleon or Firefox for example, or Opera, but not in IE7, then my vote goes to an IE7 problem... :)

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

This seem's to have worked for quite a few on the m$ forum's, posted by one tbm29.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyone running a cordless Logitech mouse? Uncheck em_exe in msconfig, page two.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=768166&SiteID=1

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.