Major Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Daz333, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daz333

Daz333 Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Well I am having big problems with True Image. I have a validated backup file but no matter which way I try and restore it, I get some sort of error message. Usually like 'MBR Error 1', 'Errorloading operating system' or 'Unable to boot Windows'. I have tried the recovery console and used the 'fixmbr' and 'fixboot' commands, but they have no affect. Even when I clone a drive and try to boot from that, it will not load the operating system from the disk I have cloned to! Even though the files have all been put back on! Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

2. theog

theog Registered Member

You might want to search the forum... use "MBR" and "clone" as the search terms. I was reading on this last night... mustang (sp?) provided some great info in one thread....

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What version and build of True Image?
    What operating system, win2k, XP, or Vista?
    When you say "backup file", is this just a few files or an Image of the entire drive?
    Where is the file, in a Secure Zone, other internal drive, or external drive?
    When you try the cloned drive, did you disconnect the original drive first before trying to boot the cloned drive?
    Did you do the clone from within Windows or via the bootable True Image cd?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Daz333,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As it was mentioned above additional information would let us to investigate the issue in more details. Thus, in addition to DwnNdrty questions could you please let us know the following?

- Do you restore the image of the entire drive or the image of the system partition only?

- Do you restore the data to its original location or to another disk/partition?

- What exact error messages you have received? When exactly have you received them?

Step-by-step description of actions taken before the problem appears would also be useful.

The full name of the product and build number can be found in the Help -> About dialog.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Daz333

Daz333 Registered Member

I tried to clone within Windows. I can't remember what version I have. Thinks its 8 or 9. But the same version as I created the Image with. Each time I try to restore an image or clone, I get problems. I was thinking maybe cloning the disk not in Windows might help?

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What version of windows W2K, XP Vista? People can't help you if you don't supply the requested information.

7. Daz333

Daz333 Registered Member

Hi Aleksandr,

I did not notice your addition to the post but here are the answers to your questions:

I was trying to restore an image of the entire drive. I have tried to both restore to the original disk and also a 2nd disk (which is identical to my 1st drive). The error messages are: ohci 1394: Failed to allocate shared interrupt 0. This is when I have restarted my machine just before it is meant to be resotring an image. Also, I get messages such as 'Error loading operating system' MBR 1 error' and also when I have cloned a disk it says on startup that there was an 'error when trying to boot operating system'. I would also like to add that when I cloned the disk in Windows, I did disconnect the original drive, so that the only HDD connected in my machine would be the newly cloned one. I am not by my machine at the moment but I will post more details later including the steps I take and what happens when I boot my machine etc. Thanks for the help so far

8. Daz333

Daz333 Registered Member

Also,

Some other pointers that may help you to help me:

I am using XP MCE

I have two SATA drives but I have not set one to be master and slave. They are both plugged into a SATA slot and have not jumpers on at the back of the pins. I was getting a 'Failed to allocate shared Interrupt 0' messgae. I do not know if this has any significance to it at all

Another pointer, I haven't yet tried to clone or restore an image using the method of booting from the TI recovery CD before Windows loads. This might be something I could try

Finally and maybe most importantly: When I am trying to restore an image to my 2nd drive, I choose to backup both the track 0 (mbr) and the C: but would I have to restore this to the original drive that it was taken from, or my 2nd drive? What I mean is that seeing as it will not boot up, could it be becuase it is putting the SATA drive on a different IRQ or it is looking in the wrong place etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.