Major Bugs in Outpost Pro 4 - BSOD

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by silver0066, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

BSOD when scroling messages using Outlook 2007 with Outpost 4.

sandbox.sys is causing error. There are many people with this issue since the Fall of 2006. No response from Agnitum in their forums.

The Uninstaller is flawed. After uninstalling and removing all registry entries, XP Pro Security Center still states that Outpost is on. The only fix is to install an old version 3.5, and then uninstall this version.

I am sick and tired of these software companies putting out sloppy and unfinished programs. It is a disgrace. Never again will I buy from Agnitum!

2. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

I searched the Outpost firewall forums and found exactly one post from January 4, 2007. That is hardly many people nor is it Fall 2006. Perhaps you could provide a link to the many?

The post I mentioned had a suggestion to try and fix the problem but the original poster abandoned the thread. That thread was also with a now older version. It may be possible the new version would solve that issue. Agnitum also added a knowledge base article. Try the runtime update?
    About problems arising while working with Outpost Firewall 4.0

The Outpost Firewall Forum is run by users not Agnitum so one will not receive a reply from Agnitum there.

Good luck to you in your search for new software.

3. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I am using the latest version from Agnitum.

Look up sandbox.sys on Google. You will see "many". Also search Outpost Forums for "sandbox.sys", "uninstall" and "BSOD" and you will see many problems with this new version.

The Article that you are referring me to does not address this problem. Agnitum wants the User to debug their software for them. The Outpost Forum is lacking in knowledge and I have abandoned this firewall.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I get a BSOD with Outpost when using System Safety Monitor. It might be more extensive, but haven't used it after the BSODs.

5. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

I looked and did not see many. I found two old threads and some general discussions about the file name used for Outpost and Sandboxie. The threads were on older versions and unrelated.

Not your specific problem, no. There is exactly one person with that problem scrolling Outlook 2007. The updated runtime might have solved the problem and it may not have. Some software just does not work on some system configurations. Interesting the amount of troubles some people run into as a thread started search shows.

Thank you for your opinion. I am sure it will be given all the credence it deserves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.