main menu applet

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using the faenza cupertino dark icons.But I do not like the main menu applet on the panel.I want to use the main menu applet from the faenza wolfe icon theme.I used ubuntu tweak to change it:gnome settings--------click this button to change the menu logo image.But the main menu applet icon did not change.I must be doing something wrong.Help please.

PS.Ok I managed to do it with the install script.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

KDE or Gnome? What version of Ubuntu (10.04..10.10..11.04)? If Gnome, then the regular main-menu (Applications...Places...System), the singular main-menu (just the Ubuntu icon), or gnome-main-menu? If the Gnome singular main-menu..then I can help. If gnome-main-menu..then I can help.

Later...

3. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using Gnome ,Ubuntu LTS 10.04. Gnome main menu...accessories ,games,...places,system.
    I had installed Faenza icons from the PPA.I installed again from the tar file using the script provided and I was able to choose the gnome icon.
    But if there is another way of doing this I will be happy to learn.I have special icons that I have collected in time.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Why not install Oz Unity 10.04 LTS? You get Faenza icons by default.

5. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

If the simple Gnome main-menu then open Terminal as regular user>type gconf-editor>enter>then apps>panel>objects>object_0. Then from the list on the right side of the screen go down to use_custom_icon and place a checkmark in the box. Now go up the list to custom_icon and right-click it...choose edit key. A box will pop open...in the Value section type the path to your custom icon. I place all my icons in pixmaps so I would enter /usr/share/pixmaps/start-menu.png for example. I use the simple Gnome main-menu in SL6 but under Ubuntu Lucid I use gnome-main-menu (or slab).

Later....

Bob

Attached Files:

6. cet

cet Registered Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.