Mail Warning Starting NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Spoonfed, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoonfed

Spoonfed Guest

Running NOD32 Ver2.

When launching the actuall NOD32 app say to do a scan the following error pops up

Microsoft Outlook
    Either there is no default mail client or the current client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Both Outlook XP and Outlook Expresss 6 are installed.
    Outlook XP is ONLY used for "calender" Outlook Express for email and is set as default mail client.
    I can get rid of the message by doing what is says and setting Outlook as the default, but this is not right, ie I use Express and hence need it to be default.

Any ideas? Seems bit dodgey to me

2. sig

sig Registered Member

See if this thread helps: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12531

3. Spoonfed

Spoonfed Guest

That thread i guess relates to NOD Ver 1? not Ver 2? Cannot find any such "system" tab.

I don't think it hinders virus detection as it is still picking em up, just a annoying message everytime.

Certainly There must be many customers with both Outlook Express and Outlook but using Express as the default email client?

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

There should be a tab called Setup there... (unless you are using a localized version)

Start the NOD32 scanner, and deselect the option "Use MAPI interface".

Regards,
    Anders

Attached Files:

5. Spoonfed

Spoonfed Guest

Cool, it works, thanks for that

Me stupid :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.