Mail Security - Rules for Email Sender

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by Cozmiqman, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cozmiqman

Cozmiqman Registered Member

Hello,
    We are having emails sent to us by GOOD senders and they are being rejected. The sender receives an error "554 5.6.0 Invalid content". I want to create a rule for these senders so that "no action" is performed on these emails. The problem is that it may come from various people under the same domain (ie. user1@acme.com, user2@acme.com, OR EVEN user3@CA.acme.com, etc.). In the manual for Mail Security, it states the following "When specifying the conditions above (except the By attachment size condition), it is sufficient to fill in only part of a phrase as long as the Match whole words option is not selected."
    My question is can I assume that if I put the words "acme.com" as a criteria, that all emails from this domain will be accepted to the "no action" requirement?
    Thank you for your time.
    CozmiqMan

2. Cozmiqman

Hello,
    I can see the number of hits next to the rule "acme.com" is increasing therefore I believe I can assume the rule is analyzing emails coming from "acme.com" or any derivatives, however the recipient expecting the emails is not receiving them. If the rule is to "do nothing" with these emails, is it safe to assume that they are no longer being blocked by ESET Mail Security on the server and they are, therefore, passing through?
    Thank you.
    Good day.
    CozmiqMan

3. Cozmiqman

Any one?

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What I would suggest is calling ESET tech support at +1 (866) 343-3738 and having one of the business engineers review the deployment with you. Once they have an idea of how mail is configured in your environment and how ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server is deployed, they should then be able to help you create the exact rules for filtering the good mail from within your domains.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.