Mail Restoration Failure - Please Help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Short Circuit, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Short Circuit

Short Circuit Registered Member

Hey all, I have an interesting problem. I have True Image 11.0 build 8053. This is the dilemma I have: I was running a VISTA laptop which was causing me problems, so I decided to use True Image to backup my email files and folders under VISTA. Was successful to backing them up to a NAS as a .tib file. I then reformatted the laptop hard-drive and loaded WIN-XP. Reloaded True Image 11.0/8053 (yes I re-entered my key), and proceeded to "restore" from the NAS my email files. When I tried to restore my .tib file, I get an "operation completed with errors" popup about 10 seconds after I initiate the restore. Log file indicates an error "unknown application ID wc (0xB006B) " with " Tag = 0x86228E106FEAFD6B". The frustrating thing is, when I double click the .tib backup file itself, it branches into all my email folders (but not the text), so I know it's there. I can't "mount" this image, since it is not a full-backup of the drive.

Any ideas on how I can retrieve these files? TIA!

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

I haven't tried ATI11, but i do know Echo (based from 11). And in echo when you double click the TIB file you can explore the backup. You can then select and drag folder or files straight from that window instead of having to traditionally restore it.

Try that first. And then if that doesn't work you can try to make a bootable Rescue media and boot into that. You will see a similar Acronis GUI. Set up your IP and subnet first in order to see your NAS (or if you have DHCP there is no need to, but you should check it first to be safe) its at "Tools>Options". Now do a restoration once you are able to locate your tib file into a new location, not the old location since you downgraded from vista to xp (they don't have the same folder structure)

3. Short Circuit

NumLock, unfortunately, this did not work at all.

Do you (or anyone here) have any other ideas for me to recover my mail files/folders given the scenario I outlined? Thank you!

4. Short Circuit

I have a NAS, but can't see it when I try to do the boot disk restore scenario - all I see is my computer drive & CD drive. How do I set-up my IP and subnet in order to "see it" when I do a boot restore? I tried to copy and paste the .tib file from the NAS to locally on the "C" drive, and then do a boot restore, but when it tried to restore that file, a pop-up stated that it can't perform a restore on removable media?!

Hmmm... Any ideas?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. Short Circuit

Thank you, Marat. I just submitted the tech support request - it is Acronis #1359720.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Short Circuit,

Could you please clarify if you received the e-mail with reply that was sent to you?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.