Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Stigg, Nov 23, 2013.
Given how great 6 is, I am patient.
Yes, no need to hurry
In thinking about this, you just may be right Mr. DarkSide. In the latest (2) patch updates for v6, they have put some special code in to allow for automatic update if the user has received his v7 registration code. That very code may be the thing that's caused this delay.
As @Peter2150 said earlier, there's really no reason to rush all this upgrade stuff... the current product is working very well. I just may treat this like I do with MicroSloth updates... wait 10-days or so after the update while reading the Forums/Blogs, then make the call.
The v7 UPGRADE PAGE has been made available... go for it!
The upgrade page isn't working. I click the Submit button and nothing loads up. Does it work for anyone else?
Doesn't work for me unfortunately. Just sits there, pretending to contact Macrium...
I got it to work and got email with special offer to upgrade v5 to v6? I was hoping for free v7 upgrade... I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.
Ditto - doesn't work for me either (tried both email address and serial numbers).
Even though the website has had a makeover and the main page says v7 is available now, I don't think it's all complete yet because the product page for the Home Edition still references v6.
PS: And now that page has been updated. [edited @ 21.29]
Do we know what the deal is for upgrading from 6 to 7?
I am not going to rush it but do want to upgrade.
This is horrible. I have 2 4-packs home licenses. Macrium wants to charge me $479.03 to upgrade the two 4-packs licenses. Yuck...
I'm getting £277.92 for the same quantity.
As 'Private Eye' would say - 'Shum mishtake shurely .....'
i bought a 4 pack in december, apparently should of had a free upgrade, but theyre trying to charge me.
this is an awfully handled release, hope the software is slicker, my pet dog could likely of handled this better.
Do you get a quantity of 8 on the order form? I have 2 4packs which indeeds translates to 8 licenses, but for some reason the order page is translating this to a quantity of 8. Seems to be taking it a 8 4packs....
Same here (but bought the 4-pack last month). I just received an email after a license query and all of my licenses are showing that v7 is "available for purchase".
i dunno ive given up.. ive no idea whats going on, i had expected my software would just update..
will have a look tomorrow if their site starts working properly
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org That was their suggestion Twitter.
I, too, have an email saying my 4 pack of V6 could be upgraded for $167.88!!! What happened to the 50% discount?
If you purchased yours during the Black Friday discount (or later), it should actually be a free upgrade. Per discussions on here a few pages back.
It's 10pm in the UK right. Either they're pulling an all-nighter or we'll have to wait until tomorrow. Their system is set to upgrade each licenses on a 4pack individually instead of considering them as a pack.
I've had a reply from licensing who said that if you are eligible for the free 6-7 upgrade the app should just update and then copy your new key
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW7/Installing a Macrium reflect v6 to v7 Upgrade
I'm eligible but mine doesn't auto update... They said just to try later or tomorrow
Well, I did get the BF deal but it was in 2015. The site now says the price is $139 or so. At 50% off it would still be $70. That seems like a lot.
Well, I just checked the SAME upgrade link they gave me and with a 10% off code, it now says I can get the v6 to v7 4 pack for $37.77! They seem to be changing this as we speak! For $37.77 I may jump on this!
Now I can only upgrade one of my two 4packs of licenses. Won't give me the option for the 2nd 4pack...
get a toned 6-pack