Macrium reflect restore.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by The Red Moon, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi,
    Today i tried to restore a macrium reflect image and when i get to the macrium rescue wizard at boot up it will not recognise or display my external hard drive at all so i could not restore an image.
    Could anybody help me with this please and is there any other free imaging tools i can use.
    Thank you.:mad:

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

There is a compatibility issue at the moment with Macrium with regards to USB drives see HERE and HERE

You can check out these links:

LINK1
    LINK2

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you Dundertaker for this information,much appreciated.
    Regards.:D

4. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

In additon there are some freeware edition of Acronis that I have used that did the job for me:

Seagate DiscWizard
    Acronis True Image Western Digital Edition

Also,

Paragon Backup and Restore (go some useful tips from posts of SIW2 at the Paragon Support forum here)
    Keriver One-Click-Restore (check out the topics here or you may ask ichito about it).

Some links again for alternative read to help you decide what to try/use:

LINK 1 take a look at page 2 which contains the workaround if you plan to use DiscWizard or ATI WD edition with a different brand of hdd. The issues enumerated there seemed to have been fixed with the new version of Paragon. I did not experience that "freezing" when using DiscWizard/ATI WD edition on Windows 7.

LINK2

:)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.