Macrium reflect restore.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by The Red Moon, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

hi,
    Today i tried to restore a macrium reflect image and when i get to the macrium rescue wizard at boot up it will not recognise or display my external hard drive at all so i could not restore an image.
    Could anybody help me with this please and is there any other free imaging tools i can use.
    Thank you.:mad:

2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

There is a compatibility issue at the moment with Macrium with regards to USB drives see HERE and HERE

You can check out these links:

LINK1
    LINK2

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Thank you Dundertaker for this information,much appreciated.
    Regards.:D

4. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

In additon there are some freeware edition of Acronis that I have used that did the job for me:

Seagate DiscWizard
    Acronis True Image Western Digital Edition

Also,

Paragon Backup and Restore (go some useful tips from posts of SIW2 at the Paragon Support forum here)
    Keriver One-Click-Restore (check out the topics here or you may ask ichito about it).

Some links again for alternative read to help you decide what to try/use:

LINK 1 take a look at page 2 which contains the workaround if you plan to use DiscWizard or ATI WD edition with a different brand of hdd. The issues enumerated there seemed to have been fixed with the new version of Paragon. I did not experience that "freezing" when using DiscWizard/ATI WD edition on Windows 7.

LINK2

:)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.