macrium reflect - no compression with win 8.1

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by jima, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jima

jima Registered Member

I updated macrium reflect to version 5.2 6551 and now I can get no compression when I create an image with win 8.1. The program worked fine on the previous version. I can not download the previous version because it automatically updates to the new one when I try to download it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried to uninstall and re-install but did not help. I can't report it to Macrium because they won't correspond with anyone using the free version.

2. Saul_Macrium

Saul_Macrium Registered Member

Hi Jima,

This isn't a problem we are aware of - please submit a support ticket with details.
    We always want to receive bug reports, from Free or Full licenses users!

3. jima

jima Registered Member

I have sent a support ticket referencing Saul Macrium.

If I get resolution I will post here. Thank you

4. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

Jima, FYI...

Using the Pro version of your app created a MEDIUM compressed file size as expected using W8.1upd1x64.

5. jima

jima Registered Member

Good to know, thanks for posting that.

Can't imagine what happened, Was really surprised to see that. I uninstalled and re-installed several times, and reformatted the jump drive. Still waiting for a response from the ticket I sent.

There was one anomaly - I tried to put 2 images on the 32 gig jump drive at high compression. They should have fit, because if I remember right, at high compression they were about 11 gig. But when it notified me that there was not enough space (because of no compression of course) I deleted the previous image that already existed on the jump drive and pressed continue, this is when I ended up with the image that was not compressed. I don't know if this is in any way connected with the problem.

6. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

jima, is your jump drive formatted as NTFS or FAT32?
    maybe NTFS will be better.

7. jima

jima Registered Member

NTFS - I have made several successful images and restores with it before the latest update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.