Macrium Reflect image restore problems

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sportflyer, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportflyer

sportflyer Registered Member

I was trying to restore my laptop( Vista OS) to a previous image ( stored in Ext HDD ) using a Linux based repair CD I prepared several years ago . The boot started Ok but I could not get Macrium to do 2 things:

a) cannot select the laptop system and C:\ partition simultaneously from the image files from ext HDD ie can chose either but bot both

b) After I chose c: partition , the next screen the primary partition c:/ of the Target did not show up as a target to overwrite the image to. The only drive that showed up was the source drive

Therefore I could not restore the image. I was using an older version of Macrium Free.

Finally I decided to upgrade the free version of Macrium to version 5 and then prepared a Recovery disk using the WinPE version.

With this version restoring image went like a charm . No glitches at all.

It seems to me that prior to version 5 , I would have difficulty in restoring any image at all had my computer crashed .

Based on this experience, I promptly updated Macrium Reflect on all my other computers to ver 5.

My questions are :

a) Is one repair disk required for each of my computers ? I have both 32bit and 64 bit versions of win 7, 7 pro vista and win8.1 ( tablet) running in various computers.

b) Can I delete the WinPE Folder (located in my downloads folder) after I installed Macrium in my computer ? ie Does Macrium still use this folder during restore or preparing new images?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.