Macrium Reflect image restore problems

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sportflyer, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportflyer

sportflyer Registered Member

I was trying to restore my laptop( Vista OS) to a previous image ( stored in Ext HDD ) using a Linux based repair CD I prepared several years ago . The boot started Ok but I could not get Macrium to do 2 things:

a) cannot select the laptop system and C:\ partition simultaneously from the image files from ext HDD ie can chose either but bot both

b) After I chose c: partition , the next screen the primary partition c:/ of the Target did not show up as a target to overwrite the image to. The only drive that showed up was the source drive

Therefore I could not restore the image. I was using an older version of Macrium Free.

Finally I decided to upgrade the free version of Macrium to version 5 and then prepared a Recovery disk using the WinPE version.

With this version restoring image went like a charm . No glitches at all.

It seems to me that prior to version 5 , I would have difficulty in restoring any image at all had my computer crashed .

Based on this experience, I promptly updated Macrium Reflect on all my other computers to ver 5.

My questions are :

a) Is one repair disk required for each of my computers ? I have both 32bit and 64 bit versions of win 7, 7 pro vista and win8.1 ( tablet) running in various computers.

b) Can I delete the WinPE Folder (located in my downloads folder) after I installed Macrium in my computer ? ie Does Macrium still use this folder during restore or preparing new images?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.