Macrium Reflect - Free Version 6 - Backup Purge Not Working

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Seymour Heiney, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Seymour Heiney

Seymour Heiney Registered Member

Lenovo laptop, Windows 10, Macrium Reflect 6 (Free Version). Testing out system image backups, been running full system images 6 days in a row, creating 6 full images.

Retention rules:
    1. Rules will be applied to all matching backup sets in the destination folder
    2. Retain 4 full images
    3. Linked incremental and differential images will also be deleted (although these are all FULL image backups)
    4. Purge will be run before the image
    On the sixth backup and the very first full system image backup is still there. My assumption would be the first two should have been purged on the fifth and sixth run respectively.

Now, I have been playing around with the backup definition file, I may have even deleted it and recreated it, just getting familiar with the options, etc. Does anyone know if altering or deleting a definition file impact the retention of previously created images? My intention is to just leave the backup definition alone and run for another week and see what happens, but figured I'd ask in case perhaps my retention rules are incorrect.

Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks for reading.

Seymour

2. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

I think you should only have 4 fulls. I don't know why you have 6.

The backup image files will be fine. You don't need the backup definition file to restore them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.